Stivo vs MR2

There was a N15 SSS with big chromies and exhaust. There was also a MR2 SW20(not MR-S). Everyone floored it and obviously by the time i hit LIFT i was ahead but i went on to mis-shift into 2nd :( , gave it another nudge and i was in 2nd but by then the MR2 was beside me and i was amazed we were side by side even when i got up to 3rd gear 7000rpm. I guess the mis-shift slowed me down a lot. I couldn't see the SSS.

But anyway i remember when i was driving the WRX in-gear acceleration with a MR2 that had exhaust (not sure if it was turbo but don't think so) and i only managed to pull away slowly in 3rd gear. So i think they are pretty quick, has anyone had experience with them? What are their specs, from memory around 130kw 2000cc motor?

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Your talking bout the older mr2 right Z ?

If so i had one rented for me on my 21'st .... Needless to say i thrashed the crap out of the car.....

Not a bad piece of machinery to be honest with u .... Never had a run in with one in the stivo so cant help u out there but i do remember it had a fair bit of grunt.....

it's funny you brought up this topic just the night after i had a run against one. freezing melbourne night, im travelling home from a family get together with my parents. we pull up to a set of red lights on a 3 lane road. mr2 in the middle lane, me on the left and parents on the right. mr2 driver looks at me and starts revving, i thought "NO WAY", not with my parents on the other side lolz... but i thought what the heck, so i threw it in neutral and revved too (even tho u can't hear anything :lol: ) ... lights hit green, me as usual, pedal to the metal and the mr2 launches off with wheelspin... i can see my mum sh*tting her pants on the other side from the noise. anyway, we take off it even for the first 50 metres, then he pulls away slowly... then quickly and away and away he went and i never saw him again... made me look like i was going backwards... but hey! he was fast! :angry: even had fat passengers... i woulda had him if my parents weren't there! :lol::lol::lol:

anyway, here's a list of cars that i've raced and made me go backwards :angry:

Nissan 200SX S15 *turbocharged mind you!*

Toyota Supra N/A (im pretty sure)

Honda Integra VTIR

Pergueot 206 GTI

Toyota MR2 Turbo

Renault Clio Sports (with 3 lard passengers)

Nissan Skyline R33 GTS

Farrari 360 Spider (YES! NO JOKES! I have photos on my fone to prove :lol: )

and i think that's about it :D

it's funny you brought up this topic just the night after i had a run against one. freezing melbourne night, im travelling home from a family get together with my parents. we pull up to a set of red lights on a 3 lane road. mr2 in the middle lane, me on the left and parents on the right. mr2 driver looks at me and starts revving, i thought "NO WAY", not with my parents on the other side lolz... but i thought what the heck, so i threw it in neutral and revved too (even tho u can't hear anything  :lol: ) ... lights hit green, me as usual, pedal to the metal and the mr2 launches off with wheelspin... i can see my mum sh*tting her pants on the other side from the noise. anyway, we take off it even for the first 50 metres, then he pulls away slowly... then quickly and away and away he went and i never saw him again... made me look like i was going backwards... but hey! he was fast!  :angry: even had fat passengers... i woulda had him if my parents weren't there!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

anyway, here's a list of cars that i've raced and made me go backwards  :angry:

Nissan 200SX S15 *turbocharged mind you!*

Toyota Supra N/A (im pretty sure)

Honda Integra VTIR

Pergueot 206 GTI

Toyota MR2 Turbo

Renault Clio Sports (with 3 lard passengers)

Nissan Skyline R33 GTS

Farrari 360 Spider (YES! NO JOKES! I have photos on my fone to prove  :lol: )

and i think that's about it  :D

My mom will KILLLLLLLLL me if she saw me do that! :P :D :lol:

But the Ferrari! Come on everyone's got to have a go at that!! :D

My mom will KILLLLLLLLL me if she saw me do that! :P  :D  :lol:

hahaha yeah i did cop a bit when i got home... but nothing too major to the extent of a spanking :P :P :P

The ferrari was just unbelievable. i mean i've seen v8's, r34s, wrx's gun it at the lights... but the ferrari was just something i've never seen before... it sounds bloody wicked too, nothing i've heard before. but anyway... its a lil embarassing losing though :( :( :(

Just found the specs for the SW20 94' onwards MR2, it should have a 3S-GE 2000cc 16v 4 cyl with 129kw and 185NM torque. Goes pretty well for those specs even though i mis-shifted 1-2, 2nd and 3rd ingear was pretty much on-par although i felt the Stivo edging ahead slowly near the top of 3rd gear before he backed off. Will get him next time ;)

If it was a MR2 GT with the 3S-GTE i would have been left for dead, the Jap spec 185kw version with about 300NM torque runs the 1/4mile in the 13s!!!

Edited by ZEEROLLA

My mom will KILLLLLLLLL me if she saw me do that! :P  :D  :lol:

hahaha yeah i did cop a bit when i got home... but nothing too major to the extent of a spanking :P :P :P

The ferrari was just unbelievable. i mean i've seen v8's, r34s, wrx's gun it at the lights... but the ferrari was just something i've never seen before... it sounds bloody wicked too, nothing i've heard before. but anyway... its a lil embarassing losing though :( :( :(

Lol..... yeah this is what happens at my place as well ..... everyone things the car is about to explode when i use lift and then smack :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: as i decelerate back to normal revs and speed