1995 toyota camry seats uncomfortable

muney

hey guys,

i have a 95 4 cylinder camry which i just recently purchased, and i gotta say..that without doubt, it has one of the worse seats i have ever come across..my lower back and neck seem to hurt after driving for a little while.

Is there any other car seats that i can fit without stuffing around alot? are the vienta car seats any better?

hey guys,

i have a 95 4 cylinder camry which i just recently purchased, and i gotta say..that without doubt, it has one of the worse seats i have ever come across..my lower back and neck seem to hurt after driving for a little while.

Is there any other car seats that i can fit without stuffing around alot? are the vienta car seats any better?

Having learnt to drive in a '97 Camry, I can safely state that the seats are certainly designed for the, er, "larger" gentlemen and ladies, although they weren't exactly uncomfortable. Have you tried using the lumbar adjustment lever as well as the seat-base tilt? Surprising how little adjustments here and there can make such a big difference, same goes for making sure that the backrest is nice and upright (too many people have it tilted waaaay back to try and look cool but all they do is set themselves up for a lifetime of sore-backs and crook shoulders)

hey guys,

Having learnt to drive in a '97 Camry, I can safely state that the seats are certainly designed for the, er, "larger" gentlemen and ladies, although they weren't exactly uncomfortable. Have you tried using the lumbar adjustment lever as well as the seat-base tilt? Surprising how little adjustments here and there can make such a big difference, same goes for making sure that the backrest is nice and upright (too many people have it tilted waaaay back to try and look cool but all they do is set themselves up for a lifetime of sore-backs and crook shoulders)

i dont have a lumbar support on the 95 camry, which could be half the problem..i only have inclination for the back and leg parts

i dont have a lumbar support on the 95 camry, which could be half the problem..i only have inclination for the back and leg parts

Must have been one of the things added during the facelift, as my parent's CSi had it standard (and CSi was the base-model after the facelift).

Try putting one of those inflatable cushions in there, see if that helps

Must have been one of the things added during the facelift, as my parent's CSi had it standard (and CSi was the base-model after the facelift).

Try putting one of those inflatable cushions in there, see if that helps

its actually my neck that begins to ache as i dont think the body is sitting straight..i cant move the seat incline any more forward either..

does anyone know which other more comfortable car seats i could swap with..later model sportivo etc?

I am not 100% on this but doesn't a seat swap mean you need an engineers certificate to comply with ADRs?? I don't think there is a problem swapping like with like (i.e. getting the leather seats out of another Gen 3) but going from a Gen 3 seat arrangement to say a Gen 5 or 6 might involve some modification to the seating rails. I wouldn't imagine they'd be a direct swap but they very well could be. Have you tried looking on Toyota Nation in America to see if any other Gen 3 owners have done anything like this?

Should be able to reuse the rails and just replace the cushions. I'm using gen5 sportivo seats in my gen4 atm. Just took the seat cushions off the rails and installed the new ones. Only thing to worry about is the seats with air bags.

Should be able to reuse the rails and just replace the cushions. I'm using gen5 sportivo seats in my gen4 atm. Just took the seat cushions off the rails and installed the new ones. Only thing to worry about is the seats with air bags.

Ah clever! That's pretty cool then, maybe I should steal leather seats from somewhere heheheh

Ah clever! That's pretty cool then, maybe I should steal leather seats from somewhere heheheh

Nah don't. Leather is not worth all the hype. The material seats are better, more comfortable and warmer! :). I just like the leather for looks :P

can you explain this procedure to me..so you took the rails off the new car seat and replaced it with your old car rails?? but what if the mounting points of both seats (underside of the seats, where the rails mount to the seat) are different??

it sounds good in principle, however i would like to know how it could relate to a gen 3 camry..im so sick of my seat..my other car is a VT calais and it has such nice seats..could drive forever in that car!