Problem with oil consumption fuel consumption and sticking accelrator

Hilmar

1 have a 200 Series land cruiser with three problems:

I am writing becuase I have read about Toyota ownners wordwide who have problem in communication

with Toyota about the problems of theirs cars. I got the impression that Toyota is in som kind of "denial" of any problems.

If you hav any information: Please Help me out: You can send a mail to: hilmar.hilmarsson@telia.com or hilmar.hilmarsson@miun.se

1. Enormous oil consumtion. When 1 spooke to Toyota Sweden they did not want to help me.

I took the car to Iceland and they told me that it is "the enginge vacum oil pump" which is a very common

problem on the cars sold in Iceland. Before: oil consumption 1 to 1,5 liter a 1000 km. Now: Oil consumption = Zero.

If you call Toyota Iceland they can give you more information about this problem and how to fix it.

2. Enormous fuel consumption: When i drive around town the fuel consumtion is abot 2,2 to 2,8 liter a 100km. Driving highway, 100 km/h at least 1,5 to 1,8.

Driving a little faster: 110-120: fuel consumption at least 1,8 to 2.0.

The sixth gear is not engagning until 125 and even thoug the gearbox sometimes engages the sixth gear, it won´t hold in this gear: Just a minor slope and the fifth gear will engage.

I heard about a gearbox recalibration. If you have any information so please give me the order number for this change.

3. The accelratorot sticks: The car accelrates like crasy and the seat bealts fasten. This has happen three times.

The last situation was quite dramatic: I nearly crashed the car. The last time there where no floor mats in the car!

Is there anybody who had this accelrator problem on a Land cruiser 200?

Otherwise: I just love the car. This is the best car I had. I also own a Mercedes G400 CDI, and even thoug the Geländewagen is a very good offroader, the Land cruiser i just better.

Hilmar, writing from Sweden.

Edited by Hilmar

1 have a 200 Series land cruiser with three problems:

I am writing becuase I have read about Toyota ownners wordwide who have problem in communication

with Toyota about the problems of theirs cars. I got the impression that Toyota is in som kind of "denial" of any problems.

If you hav any information: Please Help me out: You can send a mail to: hilmar.hilmarsson@telia.com or hilmar.hilmarsson@miun.se

1. Enormous oil consumtion. When 1 spooke to Toyota Sweden they did not want to help me.

I took the car to Iceland and they told me that it is "the enginge vacum oil pump" which is a very common

problem on the cars sold in Iceland. Before: oil consumption 1 to 1,5 liter a 1000 km. Now: Oil consumption = Zero.

If you call Toyota Iceland they can give you more information about this problem and how to fix it.

2. Enormous fuel consumption: When i drive around town the fuel consumtion is abot 2,2 to 2,8 liter a 100km. Driving highway, 100 km/h at least 1,5 to 1,8.

Driving a little faster: 110-120: fuel consumption at least 1,8 to 2.0.

The sixth gear is not engagning until 125 and even thoug the gearbox sometimes engages the sixth gear, it won´t hold in this gear: Just a minor slope and the fifth gear will engage.

I heard about a gearbox recalibration. If you have any information so please give me the order number for this change.

3. The accelratorot sticks: The car accelrates like crasy and the seat bealts fasten. This has happen three times.

The last situation was quite dramatic: I nearly crashed the car. The last time there where no floor mats in the car!

Is there anybody who had this accelrator problem on a Land cruiser 200?

Otherwise: I just love the car. This is the best car I had. I also own a Mercedes G400 CDI, and even thoug the Geländewagen is a very good offroader, the Land cruiser i just better.

Hilmar, writing from Sweden.

Hi Hilmar

best place for these questions is LCOOL lcool.org under the 200 section

there are many of us with oil consumption problems even after the pump is replaced fuel consumption dosent seem to be a problem here and with the gearbox re flash 6th is achievable just under 100kph join us in lcool more info avail there