Painting Engine

i find spray paint from car product shops like supercheap auto and autobarn generally thin, cheap and spray uneven. thin paint is bad because you need to put on more coats. if you are not careful and rush then drips are more likely to happen.

for the best spray paint in melbourne with competitive prices go to shop 29, swan street in richmond (right at richmond train station). this shop just opened!

they have in stock many colours and this spray paint is imported from germany! ask the staff for special nozzles, never use stock nozzles!

i think you remove the engine cover by the screws/bolts on the top. good luck!

does toyota (and their warranty) mind if you take the engine cover off and paint it???

and if i get the mesh grill and they have to paint it should i just get them to do the engine cover then???

and i cant see how heat would worry vinal dye, it's not really a paint and it seaps into the plastic, i might ask some one in-store see if they know.

the engine cover is a cosmetic cover and you can take it off. if you are still worried you should contact your toyota dealer. a lot of questions asked here could be easily answered by a quick phone call to any toyota dealer in australia. save time and receive answers from the people who are trained.

warranty parts (mechanical) are marked with dots of paint typically yellow colour.

so the dye works like a traditional wood stainer. do you know what the finish is like? is it strong and vivid?

whenever you want parts spray painted it is most economical (time, quality, cost) to carry out the work once. this means you leave your car only once for service and this also means the same batch of paint will be used for all your parts.

very often you need to book many many weeks in advance with reliable and popular panel beaters as they have too much work on.

i used silver vinal dye, it's not silver silver, but it's not flat gray, but the end effect would be best described as a plastic texture, it's not a gloss, just looks the same different colour

i used silver vinal dye, it's not silver silver, but it's not flat gray, but the end effect would be best described as a plastic texture, it's not a gloss, just looks the same different colour

Do you have a picture of how you engine covers looks like? Is the paint/dye chipping or does it scratch easy? May try it if it looks good.