labour charged for installing car tyre?

EK1

Typically, most larger type tire shops will charge about $20-$25 per wheel/tire for a strip, fit, and balance.

But that's not to say that your tire is going to equal $105-110. When they have an advertised price per tire with included fitting and balancing, it's up to them how they want to adjust the fees. But as a general idea, you get the point.

Typically, most larger type tire shops will charge about $20-$25 per wheel/tire for a strip, fit, and balance.

But that's not to say that your tire is going to equal $105-110. When they have an advertised price per tire with included fitting and balancing, it's up to them how they want to adjust the fees. But as a general idea, you get the point.

is "balancing" another word for wheel alignment? if so i forgot to mention i got charged another 70$ for a 4wheel wheel alignment

is "balancing" another word for wheel alignment? if so i forgot to mention i got charged another 70$ for a 4wheel wheel alignment

No. Balancing is the process of adding small weights to the wheel so that it spins with no vibration.

No, balancing and alignment are two different things

Balancing is the act of adding lead weights on to the wheel to counteract any defects in the construction of the wheel and tyre that could lead to it creating vibrations etc Balancing is done with the wheel and tyre off the car. Balancing should be done whenever you get new tyres (as tyres are never balanced from the factory)

Wheel alignment is the process of making small adjustments to suspension components so that particular characteristics are met, such as camber, castor, toe etc which affect how the car drives and handles (not all of these are adjustable on all cars, bear in mind). This is done with the wheel and tyre on the car. Wheel alignments should be done periodically (as they can "wander" slightly), also whenever you get new tyres and whenever major suspension components are unbolted/changed (hubs, struts etc)

No. Balancing is the process of adding small weights to the wheel so that it spins with no vibration.

ic. btw where do you get the small weights from and can you do it yourself or only the mechanic or tyre shop can do them

ic. btw where do you get the small weights from and can you do it yourself or only the mechanic or tyre shop can do them

You could buy the weights from whoever supplies them to tire/wheel shops, but unless you have a computerised balancer, then a DIY option isn't available. They use a machine that looks like this, and they can cost in the thousands to buy new.

wheel-balancer-wb260-gallery-350px.jpg

If that $130 included the tyre, its a good price, if its just installing it, its a complete rip off.

Most places include fitment and balancing in the prices for their wheels and tyres.

yes that 130$ inclueded the tyre.

They also add a charge to recycle the old tyre(s). But that is another problem as most of the tyres that go for recycling are shipped overseas to Asia in shipping containers. One of the TV current affiar programs did a story on it.