COLD WINTER NIGHTS

I reackon its time we all put our money where our mouth is and hit the calder raceway on a friday night , the weather is cold, just perfect for 1/4 mile runs.........who would be interested??? Im very very keen, my gf will come too in the 03 stivo, i want to test my stock 05, it feels quick i want to see how quick in my hands. Stewwwww????? c'mon man!!!!!!!!! i kow youre in, Bill???? Carlo??? DANZZ????????? Egene???.....the whole gang of us, and of course a digi cam :).

I'd love to come help Lucio (I'm not really interested in putting my car on the strip cos I know I'd kill my clutch in no time, plus we already know I'm slower :P ) and do the Video, but heading o/s very soon so can't at the moment.

September Maybe?

Did you see Northy's first clutch ?

If it was a track day and I could get the day off, my response would be different but I'm just not interested in putting my car on the drag strip Lucio.

But always happy to be your Pitt crew :)

Hey Lucio I am happy to come out with you, just don't know if I want to put the RX8 on the 1/4 mile strip. I just cannot get the thing off the line quickly. When I try I smell the clutch for an hour. The 8 is also a little too well known for blowing it's tranny on quarter mile strips.

Then again you may be able to convince me I just need to launch it gingerly. With a soft launch it is only capable of a mid 15. A hard launch will show a mid 14. It's just not a 1/4 mile car, it likes the circuit.

The last track day at Sandown modded WRX's, porsche boxsters, FTP Falcon GT's and HSV's all lapped slower than me, but damn would they kill me on the strip.

Taka who recently joined this forum for the Dyno Day might also gowith his 8. His crazy enough to drop the clutch at 9500rpm off the line.

You better tell TAKA it's not GT4 on playstation :D . I'd love to go on a friday night and I would do it just to say i've done that, but i think you need a helmet and i dont have one. I would launch from 4 grand, torque feels good at that rpm, and it wouldnt hurt the clutch that much if you have a couple of runs surely.

Its fully jammed there, so I only get like 4 -5 runs? Anyhow, i managed to get 16.277 second.

I was running my on 17 with 38psi on my tyres :P Took out my sub, spare tyres and tools. Well, not bad I guess. Legal drag is making me nervous.

Its fully jammed there, so I only get like 4 -5 runs? Anyhow, i managed to get 16.277 second.

I was running my on 17 with 38psi on my tyres :P Took out my sub, spare tyres and tools. Well, not bad I guess. Legal drag is making me nervous.

How many spare tyres do you need :P