Cat delete pipe

topari

Dont waste your time with the cat. The gains will be next to nothing if anything at all. If your wanting gains for 'track use only'just unbolt your exhaust from where the headers meet the cat and remove the back half...

Which brings me to the point of taking a camry to a track...?

No cat = 1 or 2 hp MAYBE but you'll kill the environment.

Adam. Because you can smoke the other bigger more powerful land barges :P!!!

Haha when I said camry I should've been more specific and said other than yours, Andrews and a few others...maaaybe Trents but his is boarder line cool. (haha wait for the sh!t storm)

On a Camry, removing the cat will give you half of SFA noticeable power gain.

If it's for the track, you'll notice any of better pads, tyres, suspension etc than decatting.

It almost goes without saying that if the EPA catches you, they'll bend you over a barrel.

Haha when I said camry I should've been more specific and said other than yours, Andrews and a few others...maaaybe Trents but his is boarder line cool. (haha wait for the sh!t storm)

It's not all about the power. It does play a role, but handling can be more critical.

Brisbane TOCAU Queensland Raceway Meet...? :toast:

Not until I get new tires, rotors, pads, and quite possibly new shocks.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have experience with removing the catalytic converter and the change in performance ? Track use of-course. I imagine the car should run cooler and perhaps rev a bit quicker ?

While I agree that the cat should not be removed for all the obvious reasons. If there is no gain in power by bypassing the cat how come so much money is being spent by performance cars and others to legitimately reduce back pressure by fitting hi flow cats? :rolleyes:

Does anyone have experience with removing the catalytic converter and the change in performance ? Track use of-course. I imagine the car should run cooler and perhaps rev a bit quicker ?

While I agree that the cat should not be removed for all the obvious reasons. If there is no gain in power by bypassing the cat how come so much money is being spent by performance cars and others to legitimately reduce back pressure by fitting hi flow cats? :rolleyes:

I expect it will make a difference. Didn't expect answers in a PC context.

You need to think about the car specific scenarios. How much exhaust are our cars making? How much exhaust does a boosted car make? What is the restrictions in the stock exhaust, is the cat one of them? In a 1mz-fe engine, the restriction is the y pipe which is before the cat. Plus our cars don't make enough exhaust to really warrant a high flow cat.

Since flow rate and exhaust note usually goes hand in hand, I can speak from experience that there wasnt much difference when I changed from the stock one to a high flow metal cat.

Edited by STYLSH

Huh? I'm sure we all know the potential gains that performance cars might gain from a hi-flow cat over a standard one. Remember that we're talking about a Camry here so the question is valid. :rolleyes: I can't help but think I'm going to hear the term 'street cred' and 'Camry' in the same sentence again. :rolleyes:

The V6 Camry running the 1mz-fe will see very little gains from a hi-flow cat. Even when I had my headers and catback done Trevor @ CES recommended against the hi-flow as the stock one is quite good and the gain VS the expense ($150+ for a suitable magnaflow) wasn't worth it. Given the hi-flow wasn't overly expensive and Trevor still recommending against it speaks volumes. A hi-flow simply doesn't warrant the extra cost, no matter now low it is.

Oh, and one last thing:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: