Imagine lift kicking in at 5500rpm

Ive been following this topic on the US forum and some dude reackons he's come up with a gizmo that fools the computer and can alter lift, he's even put some vids up. They are hard to see though but check it out for yourselves.

Here is the link :http://9thgencorolla.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3201

If you also read on they are also saying that their lift kicks in at 6800 for the 05 model and 6200 for the 03/04 model hence why they are trying to change it. Somewhere else it says that lift will only work at it's best from 5800 not 5500. ???Check out some of the ohter threads on 9thgencorolla.com of which myself and a few others from here are members. :D

Edited by SILVABULLIT

ok guys before we get onto this whole discussion of lets move the lift point again let me tell u a few pieces of advise from hours and hours of research and reading....

Simply say a certain rpm is the best place to get lift to kick in e.g. 5800 or 5500 etc will not actually solve ur question of does this give me more performance.....

I think a lot of people whom i have read posting about this issue all over the world need to understand is each car is different and funnily enough i believe each car will probably have a different rpm where the hi-cam should be kicking in... why do i say this ?

Ok what u need to do is get a single dyno sheet where u only have the low cam running with the hi-cam off which shows power & torque.. Then on the same dyno sheet do another run with the hi-cam on and the low-cam off ..... Before u say this is not impossible .... NO IT IS ....I have seen it done and im just trying to work out how to do this in the stivo... anyway

What does this then tell u ? Well simple on any dyno sheet for a stivo u will notice that around when lift kicks in we have a significant dip in torque.... What u wanna do is find the spot where ur torque curves cross i.e. ur low cam is on the way down and the high cam is on the way up.... I have seen this comparison on several cars... What did the results yield ??? ok 1 was at 5800 rpm another at 5900 and another at 6100 so u can see as no two cars will produce exact torque, power etc etc etc on a dyno sheet it cant be stated that a particular rpm will work for all cars......

Now to modifying the lift point ....... Only 100% proven way to do this is through an independant ECU......

cheers

Bill

p.s. this is from all my work in researching this topic believe me or not up to u. If not hey ur more than welcome to crawl the web for info

What did the results yield ??? ok 1 was at 5800 rpm another at 5900 and another at 6100 so u can see as no two cars will produce exact torque, power etc etc etc on a dyno sheet it cant be stated that a particular rpm will work for all cars......

Also, the torque characteristics will change with atmospheric conditions (temp, pressure etc.) so the optimal lift point would change not only between cars, but also within a car from day to day.

That being said, I like the Lotus system of dropping the lift point on upchanges only, so you can more easily stay in lift when changing up.