Fogging up of windscreen

Mr Toyoda

Hi!

My gen 6 Camry quite easily gets internal fog on the front windscreen, and it does not clear instantly when the button is pressed to front demist.

I have never noticed this problem occuring so readily in other cars, nor the demisting taking so long.

Do other gen 6 drivers have the same experience?

does it happen when you use the heater as well as when the heater's off? this also occurs in my aurion, therefore i have to use the air con to clear it, especially when its really cold. so i went through the owner's manual to find out that the button to use circulated air should be turned off to avoid that from happening, in other words, you need to use fresh air brought from outside to not have the windscreen and possibly the side windows fogging up. however, according to a thread on this site and personal experience, that is not advisable especially in poluted areas because the air con filter doesn't filter all the exhaust fumes from outside the car.

does it happen when you use the heater as well as when the heater's off? this also occurs in my aurion, therefore i have to use the air con to clear it, especially when its really cold. so i went through the owner's manual to find out that the button to use circulated air should be turned off to avoid that from happening, in other words, you need to use fresh air brought from outside to not have the windscreen and possibly the side windows fogging up. however, according to a thread on this site and personal experience, that is not advisable especially in poluted areas because the air con filter doesn't filter all the exhaust fumes from outside the car.

Try cleaning the glass from the inside, this may help the problem. Dirty glass is supposedly more prone to fogging up.

I find putting the heater on with the air outlet set to the windscreen is usually insufficient, particularly when it is humid and/or raining. Therefore I just constantly run the air conditioning with the temperature on cool or heat depending on the outside temperature. Running the air conditioning demists the windscreen very quickly.

Hi!

My gen 6 Camry quite easily gets internal fog on the front windscreen, and it does not clear instantly when the button is pressed to front demist.

I have never noticed this problem occuring so readily in other cars, nor the demisting taking so long.

How long does it take?

With air con?

Without Air con?

How long does it take on other Cars?

With air con?

Without Air con?

I've noticed the best thing is to use air con (constantly adjusting temperature) and have windscreen demister on. I will try next time having the air re-circulation button turned off.

In other cars, I rarely notice the problem. Furthermore, in the Camry the problem does take a while to go away. Otherwise, everything else is hunky-dory.

You will find that most car manufacturers recommend using external air AND A/C ON for best defogging. The reason being is that the A/C dehumidifies(dries) the air....

Edited by Topdog

This works really well on bathroom mirrors to stop them fogging up and I used to use it on an old Transit I had. Get a bar of soap and draw lines over the inside of the window. Then get a clean sheat of paper or lint free cloth and clean it off. Problem solved.