Need Help Strange Noise

Gday guys and girls,

I have this strange noise coming from the left front wheel area when driving on rougher or uneven roads or when driving at 60 to 90 kms on a highway or freeway. Steering feels fine though and noise comes and goes is not constant. My mechanic at Frankston Toyota has described the noise as droaning noise from lhf wheel area and has replaced the left hand front bearing,but to no avail,as the the noise continues. The car is a 2003 Corolla Ascent hatchback.Any of you guys or girls got any other ideas what the noise?? Could the noise be coming from elsewhere and echoing through to the left front side?? Anyone else had a noise problem in a 2003 Corolla Hatchback??

Any ideas please email me at lauschie@hotmail.com

Kind Regards,

Lauschie

could it be the shocks ????? from the Guys that had dramas with the shocks does this sound like the same sort of problem ?????

maybe is tyre noise., What's the noise like ?

Best way to describe the noise is probably to say it sounds like driving with a tyre with correct pressure on one side and a tyre with low pressure on the other side. Tyres have been checked for correct pressure and are correct. Could a drive shaft noise cut in and out at certain speeds and road conditions?? Any other bearings or joints/tie rods that could cause this?? Balancing seems right and feels right and so does alignment. Steering feels good too,could the power steering pump or any else related with this cause a noise that cuts in and out??

Regards,

Lauschie

could it be the shocks ????? from the Guys that had dramas with the shocks does this sound like the same sort of problem ?????

What probs have the guys had with the shocks and what speeds and road conditions did the noise(s) start at?? Was the noise constant or only in certain speeds and conditions??

Regards,

Lauschie

shocks are blown due to aggresive driving and excessive drop in ride height using super low springs.

Mine is pretty much gone, relying almost on spring alone for dampening (yep, that's right folks, springs alone). But I dont get weird noises. THe only noises coming from that area is my tyre noise.

shocks are blown due to aggresive driving and excessive drop in ride height using super low springs.

Mine is pretty much gone, relying almost on spring alone for dampening (yep, that's right folks, springs alone). But I dont get weird noises. THe only noises coming from that area is my tyre noise.

Gday Danz,

Shocks seem ok,car sits level and push test comes up ok too. My driving is not aggressive either.Had a thought could a centre bearing or drive shaft cause a irregular noises when driving on different types of roads and speeds?? Could a noise start at the back and move to the front??

Regards,

Lauschie

maybe is tyre noise., What's the noise like ?

Best way to describe the noise is probably to say it sounds like driving with a tyre with correct pressure on one side and a tyre with low pressure on the other side. Tyres have been checked for correct pressure and are correct. Could a drive shaft noise cut in and out at certain speeds and road conditions?? Any other bearings or joints/tie rods that could cause this?? Balancing seems right and feels right and so does alignment. Steering feels good too,could the power steering pump or any else related with this cause a noise that cuts in and out??

Regards,

Lauschie

Its your tyre...

I have the same problem ... 80-100 ... hear this sound repeatedly.. like a "zzzzhh" sound every few seconds.

:angry:

Wheel bearing?

Had the left one replaced on Friday after two engineers thought that too. No luck.

Regards,

Lauschie

P.S Club Stickers how do we organise to get them??

Both left and right wheel bearings replaced now,noise still there. We now think it is the diff bearing to be replaced. Car had other tyres put on it and same noise still this would eliminate the possiblity of my tyres cause the noise.

Regards,

Lauschie