Whats this? (calling out aurion + camry experts)

private number

I was wondering what this component circled in red was? Aurion experts could help me out in this too

Since the aurion and camry chassis is the same - if you were in the aurion you would be looking through the left exhaust hole (i now have a left exhaust hole due to my rear lip kit. Both are in the same spot)

IMG_0019-Copy.jpg

Thanks in advance!

I was wondering what this component circled in red was? Aurion experts could help me out in this too

Since the aurion and camry chassis is the same - if you were in the aurion you would be looking through the left exhaust hole (i now have a left exhaust hole due to my rear lip kit. Both are in the same spot)

IMG_0019-Copy.jpg

Thanks in advance!

What I can see is the fuel filler neck and breather - the black tubes coming down from the top left of the image. At the point circled, they turn forward over the suspension subframe and into the top of the fuel tank.

Although you can't see it 100% clearly, the charcoal canister is also located nearby, above the rear suspension subframe. It should have 3 hoses connected, 1 to the fuel tank, 1 to the filler neck breather and one to the engine intake. The purpose of this is to reduce evaporative (fuel) emissions whilst the vehicle is parked. The charcoal absorbs the fuel vapours, then the engine purges the when it's running.

Edited by 450HP/tonne

Thanks for that mate! much appreciated! I was afraid to hear that actually. The charcoal or carbon canister (i hear them use that term in the states) is actually located at that exact location in the USA. In AUS however as you stated its the fuel filler neck and breather.

That being said...would it be safe to run a exhaust set up through there? (muffler and piping)

That being said...would it be safe to run a exhaust set up through there? (muffler and piping)

I don't see why not. This is how the Aurion does it. All they have is that heatshield on top of the muffler body.

di-1512878808449.jpg

di-212878808630.jpg

Thanks for them pictures dj! It seems like the set up is very similar to that of the aurion so i guess i should be fine. Ill make sure they put a heat shield there when the exhaust shop does the job.

Reason why i asked this as in the US built camrys they have the charcoal canister there and it prevented a few people from going dual so i just wanted to make sure i could go dual safely before i did anything

once again, thank you both for your replies!