Front parking sensors

rjab

Hi all,

I am looking at getting some front parking sensors put on my 08 Grande.

From their website, the Toyota genuine kit is only a 2 sensor head kit.

I have two questions:

1. Is this adequate or should I get a 4 head kit?

2. If I do need to get a 4 head kit, can anyone recommend a aftermarket product?

Cheers

Rich

hi rjab

i have the front parking sensors (2) and find that they are pretty much useless to me. As they point out on an angle they do not work well for anything directly in front so i find that i never turn them on.

Thanks Ash,

I suspected that may be the problem with only having 2 sensors.

Cheers!

I suppose its all about what you want them to do - stop you hitting the front garage wall where you park every day or in car parks where you can't see exactly where concrete pillars and poles are which are on the side as opposed to being in front. For this I think they should be on the edge. Interestingly Prado comes with 4.

• 2 weeks later...

I have them too and I think they are great. My car only just fits in my garage so I have to park as close to the wall as I can or I can't put the garage door down. The front sensors are the only thing that stops me from hitting the wall. My husband also has a 2010 VX Prado with front sensors and they make it so much easier to park the car. They also come in handy in those tiny shopping centre carparks when you're swinging in and out of carparks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have them too and I think they are great. My car only just fits in my garage so I have to park as close to the wall as I can or I can't put the garage door down. The front sensors are the only thing that stops me from hitting the wall. My husband also has a 2010 VX Prado with front sensors and they make it so much easier to park the car. They also come in handy in those tiny shopping centre carparks when you're swinging in and out of carparks.

I have the 2 head in the front - find them useless

Have the 4 head at the rear and theyre excellent.

I regret wasting money on the front.

Does anyone know if the two head can be converted to 4 head at the front??

Two front sensors are fine. Especially when your parking in tight car parks like the ones in Sydney CBD. Unless you prefer Cameras like the ones on the new Prado model...