SteveAndBelles LevinZR

SteveAndBelle

At last !! Took ages but got it from the dealer very late this afternoon. Sorry for the blurry shot, it was very dark...

post-19613-092129400 1288604360_thumb.jp

Very impressed so far but really haven't driven it much yet, I'm onto my 2nd coat of wax already :P Going down the coast this weekend but will hopefully have the smoke tails and black hazard switch installed by then (the essentials of course). I'll post before & after pics of the smoke tails on the Graphite for others to see. Who knows, they might look crap and if so I'll put the stockies back on and sell the smokes.

Hate the stock wheels tho, ew. Might look into 'nicer' wheels soon but then again they may grow on me. We'll see.

'til next time.

Heya Steve, FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYY!! :D

I saw the smoked tails on a few ZRE's in melb on the weekend, and on the black/ink cars they look bloody great. Perfect for the darker colours. Glad you enjoying your car after such a long long wait.

Heya Steve, FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYY!! :D

I saw the smoked tails on a few ZRE's in melb on the weekend, and on the black/ink cars they look bloody great. Perfect for the darker colours. Glad you enjoying your car after such a long long wait.

x2 on the tails... they look mint on black zre's

Ha, thanks guys. I'm absolutely loving the Levin. So many cool features to play with :P

So far, I've added three coats of Bowdens Own wax and it's lookin' goo-ood. I hope to add one more before a nice drive down the coast on the weekend but if not then it's fine, three's good enough I s'pose.

I've also just finished modding the stock Levin Head Unit to include a rear USB port & line-outs (see http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30325) and of course installed the black hazard switch while I had the dash opened up.

Apart from that I haven't done much or even driven it much since we got it but that'll obviously change :)

Seeya.

• 3 weeks later...

Had the Levin for a month now. Really enjoying it in stock format which surprises me. Those stock wheels still urk me and I still think it sits too high but strangely I'm quite liking it 'as is' and may not end up doing anything to it. I might be tempted in a year or two tho, we'll see ;)

4 weeks old and covered in 8 coats of 'Bowdens Own' Wax she's looking pretty good (ignoring the low res of my phone camera and the dust/grass seeds on the side, damned wind & static). Warning, images are BIG...

post-19613-0-82565300-1290822781_thumb.j post-19613-0-15671400-1290822710_thumb.j

The Levin ZR is a nice car in its own right loaded with goodies. Only thing i would do if i kept it stock is to lower the ride height. Thats all you need.

Yeah, you're right. All those toys are fun but also make it a very enjoyable car just the way she is.

I just managed to get my 9th coat of 'Bowdens Own' Carnauba wax on her this arvo before the sun went down. She's so darn shiny & glossy now and feels like she's covered in WD40... so friggin' slippery. Crazy I know but a good start to her life I reckon. I might do one more wax coat when I get back from holidays in 5 weeks time but after that I'll prolly just keep her washed well and only detail & wax her once every few months.

Looking forward to using my clay bar for the 1st time ;)

Steve.