Lucas upper cylinder lubricant

c32kompressor

Hi Guys,

Well today I have just purchased this fuel additive that claims to improve both power and fuel efficiency. I have used Lucas products before on older cars and was satisfied with the results.

My Rav4 2.4 CV auto 2008 has 45,000km now and the fuel efficiency that I am getting from it is the best it has ever been since new. It just seems as more time goes by, the better the fuel efficency gets as well.

Anyway since the engine has now done a few k's, I thought I would experiment with this product. Last year I drove from Canberra to Brisbane over the xmas holidays and this year I am planning to do the same. The best fuel economy I have gotten so far is about 580Km (highway) before the low fuel light comes on (which means that there is about 10 litres left in the tank). So 580km out of 50 litres is not too bad. I'm wondering if this Lucas product will better that this time.

I bought a litre for $18 from super cheap autos and will pour it everytime I fill up in the month of November. I just want to see of there are any dramatic improvements. If so, I'll buy another bottle before my trip and use it then as well to see how well it does in the open road.

I'll keep you guys updated with the results.

If anyone has used it or any general comments, please do share.

Lucas does have some neat products out there, but as with most products out there that make claims for better fuel economy/more power etc, I tend to treat them with a little more scepticism. The whole fuel economy/power thing is a good way for people to market their products. Let us know how it goes for you.

I myself have used Lucas additives in the past, more notably the engine oil 'Stop Leak' additive, in my SV21 Camry and it really helped stop minor leaks I was getting here and there, but that was a product for a completely different purpose.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update guys. Well I've been adding the Lucas fuel additive in my last 3 refills, and since then I have not seen any dramatic change in fuel savings or power. However, the improvement I have noticed is definitely in my morning start up. It has been smoother than before I had used the product. So I guess it does have some benefits.

As for the fuel economy, maybe that'll take a few more fill ups. I'll be driving up to Sydney in couple of weeks so maybe the fuel economy will shine on the open road!!! Fingers crossed!!!

But I guess the real test for the fuel efficiency will be on my drive up to Brisbane and back. Anyway I'll keep you guys posted.