Pedders sports ryder springs not lowering my sportivo

hey guys, I recently installed the pedders sports ryder lowering springs on my 2003 corolla sportivo.i notice the rear didnt drop at all? is this normal? do they wear off in a while after driving? can anyone tell me how low pedders sports ryder drop rear and front? its bloody annoying lol. seeing the front seems okay but the back is freaken off the roof.

Im not sure about the types of springs and model names they fall under but are you sure just because they are a sports spring they arent just a standard height replacement?

OP's is a newbie :D

Still learning the search function :P :help::help:

No. I was referring to the other thread he has with the exact same problem described in it. Others have already been helping out in that thread, and now there is another just to scatter the information even more.

Im not sure about the types of springs and model names they fall under but are you sure just because they are a sports spring they arent just a standard height replacement?

He mentioned 'Sports Ryder' springs which one would assume are the lowering springs as the Pedders OEM replacements are just referred to as 'Heavy Duty Coil Spring'. Unless he was conned into thinking he got Sports Ryder springs.

I got these springs when i first lowered my car, give the rear about a week to settle, just keep in mind that the rears wont look as low as the front. There will still be a substantial gap from the rear tyre and the wheel arch, which i eventually got fed up with and changed to rears to king superlow 50mm drop.

If you search through the forum in regards to spring setups, you'll notice alot of people opting for the 35mmfront/50mmrear setup to make the car sit even/level.

Keep in mind (my personal experience only) that once i did change the rear springs to 50mm that i did lose a bit of the handling, yet it looks better.

It comes down to what you really want more

Let us know how you go.

...which i eventually got fed up with and changed to rears to king superlow 50mm drop.

If you search through the forum in regards to spring setups, you'll notice alot of people opting for the 35mmfront/50mmrear setup to make the car sit even/level.

I also have heard quite a lot about the Kings Lows on the front and Super Lows on the rears for the exact same reason from respected members. The best combination to get an even drop.

No. I was referring to the other thread he has with the exact same problem described in it. Others have already been helping out in that thread, and now there is another just to scatter the information even more.

Great......

post-17377-0-99806600-1289301550_thumb.j

so theres nothing i can do to get the rear lower... it just looks weird having the front perfectly low but the rear just sitting high... and i dont wanna have bad handling like you said with super lows on rear. hrmm well from pedders view they told me that it will lower my front 1.3inch and back 1.2inch, but no change has made for the rear when i installed the springs. it sat the same level? pedders said to me that its a new springs, they say that let it settle for awhile drive around, the springs eventually settle and it will even drop another 5mm in the long run as the springs gets worn off. are these true or is it just all bull**** for pedders to avoid me doing re-fund.

here! post-10034-0-03008200-1289306457_thumb.j

me on my King springs low still.. gotta love it. <_< mine settled about 1 finger lower front and rear in 2weeks-ish

dont bother with superlows springs, if you really want that even/level stance, just save up and get coilovers.

so king springs offer a more reliable lowering level than pedders, bloody no goody good pedders. i reckon i should go back to them and get the re-fund for their lies about my rear going to drop low. wasted my time having to go back to them for their opinions and hearing their advices. in the end they still sits high as i saw a photo of a sportivo with pedders on.

super low on the back of a 122 or 123 gives you negligible travel. not legal and the handling turns to ****. this is not sensible advice.

I'm pretty sure some using this setup would beg to differ. But each to their own.

what about reseting your rear springs?? how does this work. i read in another thread about some guy reseting his springs to level with the front. is there such thing or...

yes there is. you can take it to a suspension shop and they'll do it for you. They just superheat the springs to like 1000degrees of something and compress it more, probli another 20mm. Around the 200-250 mark. A few guys i know did this but IMO its not worth it, it weakens the springs strength, if you really wanted to though, that would be an option for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Some info for all the noobs out there......

Sportivo corolla's sit about 10-15mm higher than a stock ascent.

Stupidity of Toyota's brains trust!!

Now if you put superlows in the rear the car will sit level if you have lows in the front. I am talking about Kings springs.

Pedders springs are made by dobinsons springs which dont have the greatest reputation in the automotive suspension industry for quality.

Springs do not sag or settle with time. Suspension bushes do!! The only way spring heights will change is if they weren't installed in the spring perches properly in the first place. Seen it done many times LOL

By using super lows in the rear the car will sit level. I tested the theory waaay back in the dawn of time for Sportivo's and had the car properly measured etc etc. It gives roughly a 2-4mm difference front to rear.

The will handle better if you have it set up properly. Putting super lows on stock shocks will kill them in no time and you will have the bouncy bouncy ride and the back of the car wil dance to it's own tune.

Low/superlow combo combined with say Koni's or for the budget oriented KYB's will perform nicely and give you a firim but nicely controlled ride which isn't obtrusive.

As for using coilovers to get a car to sit level, how many people actually get them set properly and are using the right spring rates to control the ride heights????

My 2C

SB :)

QTOOSEEMEE,

:idea:

Just FYI...: Hit the little "down" arrow next to your profile name in the top right corner of the screen, and when the drop down box appears, select "messenger." Then type in the user name of the person you want to type a message to (eg, Damnfuzz, hint hint nudge nudge). Then type your message and send.

That way, you could limit your enquiry about your Pedders springs to someone who had Pedders springs and has expressed a willingness to assist you if possible... :whistling: Or try CME-LFT, and I'm sure he'll help too. I even added photos... :blink:

As I mentioned in your previous post, I had Sportsryder springs, and they lowered both the front and rear by 35mm. Final measurements were 335mm front and 350mm rear, measured from the centre of the hub to the guard lip. The space between the top of the tyre and the guard was 25mm front and 40mm rear (careful, all measurement taken with 215/45 17s on it). The Sportivo naturally sits bottom-up, so if you want a level appearance when stationary, you will probably need a set-up like many guys have, Kings lows front and Superlows rear.

I can't tell if you're in NSW or not, otherwise I would offer you to trial my Sportsryder springs which are sitting around in a box at the moment.

:clap:

Now, no more flaming the new guy. :lol:

But dude, send me a PM if want any more info. :toast:

And yes, everyone, I love smilies. :yahoo: