ZRE152 Corolla trivial stuff

As the title reads I thought I would just put stuff here that some of you might find interesting about ZRE's

It came about because we all know ZRE is a huge hatch,have to hide those 1000 airbags somewhere, so few weeks ago in traffic a current Type R Civic(which I love but again a car that looks quicker than it actually is) pulled up next to me and I had to look up to see it where as normally I need to look down to see nice cars,mine is lowered but still my window line and roof line were much lower than the Honda.. So me being me had to find out the specs on both cars so here we are

LENGTH:

CTR- 4285mm

ZRE- 4220mm

WIDTH:

CTR- 2046mm(inc mirrors)

ZRE- 1760mm

HEIGHT:

CTR- 1445mm

ZRE- 1515mm

WHEELBASE:

CTR- 2635mm

ZRE- 2600mm

FRONT & REAR TRACK:

CTR- 1505mm/1530mm

ZRE- 1524mm/1521mm

We all waited for a TRD ZRE as well but ofcourse they went with Hilux, great move Toyota :angry: . Aurion I understand to compete with Aussie sixes but why Hilux? still a top truck but I thought it was about sales,Hilux already has a range of motors and specs to suit almost everyone.. So yes there is one built but where did it go ?

BatchPic17.jpg

Putting these as separate posts incase you care to add or reply as Ive noticed lately alot of replies are not edited so we see the same pics over and over. ZRE thread is a perfect example of that.. Hope you enjoy these :rolleyes:

:clap:

Wow john, very very interesting read indeed. Well done on finding all this information.

Testing a TRD corolla at Winton eh? Ahh im over it, whatever happens.. happens.

Its interesting to see what develops though.

:clap:

Wow john, very very interesting read indeed. Well done on finding all this information.

Testing a TRD corolla at Winton eh? Ahh im over it, whatever happens.. happens.

Its interesting to see what develops though.

I thought you would appreciate that ;) Yeah i'm a bit over it too Johnnie.. Could've bought something quicker but I know what i like, and I like Corolla hatches, no regrets here.. That article is almost 2yrs old now but you never know what the 11th gen Corolla will be like, hopefully not too green :P

my cousin has the FN2R which is the current type R atm. Now when i get into his car its god damn low and window is pretty high where as our zre seats sits pretty high and being able to stick my arms out the window (correct me if wrong " im a pretty tall guy"). This FN2R is only lowered on ebachi springs.

Edited by master.Cuong

• 1 year later...

Haven't seen a new 86 as yet so i'm trying picture it's dimensions, it seems smaller than I originally thought.

Dimensions compared to a ZRE hatch

Length:

ZRE - 4245mm

86 - 4240mm

Width:

ZRE - 1760mm

86 - 1775mm

Height:

ZRE - 1515mm

86 - 1285mm

Wheelbase:

ZRE - 2600mm

86 - 2570mm

Performance:

ZRE - :(

86 - :D

• 2 weeks later...

The second post brings back some memories. The rear wing looks TTE/Toyota Motorsport and the wheels look like the TTE Pitlane. I had been speaking with a contact at TTE / Toyota Motorsport (who incidentally are now calling themself TMG http://www.caradvice.com.au/177944/toyota-launching-tmg-performance-sub-brand/ and making 400+kW Lexus http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1077098_toyota-and-lexus-to-get-tmg-performance-sub-brand) a couple of weeks before the article came out and he mentioned they had sent a few sets of the twin exhaust to Toyota Australia for testing.

I lived in hope that it would eventually come to Australia, no such luck.

Edited by jps137