Bluetooth Connection

ben yip

Anyone successfully connect Nokia phone to the car bluetooth system?

I have followed the menu and cannot get it worked out? Some people in other forum said Nokia has some issues with bluetooth..

Anyone can point me in the right direction? I am quite new to these stuff

I want to talk in the phone just by shouting out, there must be some sort of sound receiving device in the car

I am suprised that my Ascent version got bluetooth as well !!! considering I have power windows at the back

Edited by ben yip

Ben you have to get the phone to recognize the head unit and viseversa first. Check you manual, or better still, go to your toyota dealer and get the salesman to show you if you cant work it out. They should happily help. Also, there was a recall for the HU's for Blue tooth instability. Not sure of the exact details but its a known issue with ZRE HU's.

Turn your bluetooth to on, on your phone. Press the green talk button on the HU, turn the dial till it reads 'BLUETOOTH'. Go back to your phone/bluetooth settings, to 'Add device', it should search and find it under 'Handsfree'. Add it or connect with the standard code of '1234', the bluetooth reception bars should come up on the HU left hand side screen. Receiving calls will ring out and stop music playing, press green talk button to answer and talk. Or you can make a call and just talk through the cars handsfree system. You can adjust how loud the other person is by turning the volume dial up and down, i have mine on 9.

Bobs your uncle.