Computer Gurus

eviltwin

Hey all ,

After a graphics card for my computer... the onboard Intel HD what ever the hell it is doesn't do a great deal so what do i buy? im not into playing it on high res and letting all my mates know or anything just wanna play games and have them run smoothly.

The machine ive got has an I5 Intel CPU and ive got 4GB ram so im open to what ever... help me xoxoxo

The ATi HD6850 for ~$220 or the HD6870 for ~$300 from Umart.

The HD6870 would be better for playing games in the long run.

Hey all ,

After a graphics card for my computer... the onboard Intel HD what ever the hell it is doesn't do a great deal so what do i buy? im not into playing it on high res and letting all my mates know or anything just wanna play games and have them run smoothly.

The machine ive got has an I5 Intel CPU and ive got 4GB ram so im open to what ever... help me xoxoxo

1. The price range is way too high for what eviltwin is asking.

2. Pointless getting a 68xx because he is playing on low res and doesn't need a high end gpu. Waste of money and card.

Hey all ,

2. Pointless getting a 68xx because he is playing on low res and doesn't need a high end gpu. Waste of money and card.

FMD, now I remember why I don't post on this forum any more...

The ATi HD5750 for ~$150 or HD5770 for ~$190 are good if you are tight on money [just get the HD5750 on bang/buck].

They are the best of the budget non gaming cards, but will struggle with say Metro 2033 even on the lower resolutions.

If that is still too much, there is the HD5670 for ~$120. This is more a good full height Home Theatre PC card, however.

Hey guys everything has helped... i can play NFS shift with my new card on full detail .. looks fantastic... now to kick into some classics like halflife series and mafia!

Hey all ,

The ATi HD5750 for ~$150 or HD5770 for ~$190 are good if you are tight on money [just get the HD5750 on bang/buck].

They are the best of the budget non gaming cards, but will struggle with say Metro 2033 even on the lower resolutions.

If that is still too much, there is the HD5670 for ~$120. This is more a good full height Home Theatre PC card, however.

The prices you say are OVERPRICED. You can get them now for:

5670 - $99

5750 - $129

5770 - $139

Hey all ,

The prices you say are OVERPRICED. You can get them now for:

5670 - $99

5750 - $129

5770 - $139

Good brands with decent coolers cost that much. eg: Asus, Gigabyte, XFX and Sapphire.

Crap like Amaze, HIS and Powercoler will be $10-30 cheaper, and run hotter too...

Kenpo, your sig farks me up. :P

There are only 3 companies that make ATI GPUs. Foxconn, Sapphire and Powercolor. All apart from Powercolor make all card for every other brand.

Yes a Asus sticker will make it cooler better than HIS even though they use the same cooler.

Kenpo, your sig farks me up. :P

Haha, it made me double check my mouse when I first found it :D

Yes a Asus sticker will make it cooler better than HIS even though they use the same cooler.

Yea man, it's just like how painting your car red adds 50+kW.

There are only 3 companies that make ATI GPUs. Foxconn, Sapphire and Powercolor. All apart from Powercolor make all card for every other brand.

If you think it's worth missing out out on a DVI or HDMI adapter, crossfire bridge and decent cooler to save a few bucks, you go right ahead. You do get what you pay for, even if the GPUs are all the same. Companies like Asus [TOP] and Zotac [OC] cherry pick cards/RAM for their OC series, and they do perform and OC better. Your shit brands just use reference designs, sometimes with a slightly better [better might mean it's just quieter than a reference cooler too] cooler for e-wang, but they still have slower memory, etc.

Eviltwin: I'm truly sorry for what has ensued by giving my opinion. I won't contribute any further to this discussion regardless of what Hampster has to say. At the end of the day I hope you get a decent card that you're happy with, and does you wanted out of it.

seriously at the end of the day it's a computer as long as it can play a high def adult movie or depict a car going sideways into a set of witches hats in mega awesome non leggy goodness and store my music ... nigger is carefree!