Computer Gurus

eviltwin

Hey all ,

After a graphics card for my computer... the onboard Intel HD what ever the hell it is doesn't do a great deal so what do i buy? im not into playing it on high res and letting all my mates know or anything just wanna play games and have them run smoothly.

The machine ive got has an I5 Intel CPU and ive got 4GB ram so im open to what ever... help me xoxoxo

That's expensive >.<

Why didn't you check out MSY?

Centercom are a rip off, not only that, their stingy on returning stuff.

I had a dead pixel in my screen last time I bought something from there, had to go thru World War 3 for them to replace the f'in thing.

MSY is heaps better, plus I have friends/enemies that work there so I can pull some strings, it's also down the street from my place haha!

I'll be getting a new PC in a few more weeks

MSY is only good if you KNOW what your getting. i found centrecom to be quite good (the sunshine store). MSY won't give u any info on the graphics cards and sh#t. i also found that the MSY store is usually out of stock for the products i want. with the answer of "oh we don't know when we will get more in..." i usually wait weeks and still no stock so i end up going to centrecom anyways.

its true if MSY don't stock it they can over inflate the price but they do have a match or price beat garantee. they will match the MSY price no questions asked

up to you though. i was going from the fact that he just wanted a GFX inthe 100 too 200 dollar range.

the MSY price list is also a nightmare to look at -_-

also NVIDIA chipset +99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

my 0.00000000000000000000002 cents

now mick, who will u make babies with NOW? :lol:

oh yeah, i think with the stingy at returning stuff, i'm sure its for certain products. i've returned to them every part that was faulty with no problems. just now they opened the swapping dept just in case people do dodgys when the product isnt even faulty itself. so the process can be abit tedious...

MSY is only good if you KNOW what your getting.

the MSY price list is also a nightmare to look at -_-

That's so true man. There are always people that walk into the store at Gaffeny St and ask what's the difference between this and this, the answer they get is always the same. "The more expensive one is better." The price list is horrible. Unless you have a good idea what each part is/does + have some experience with MSY you'll just be lost in all the numbers. Hahaha, but yea it's extremely cheap and I've built myself/with friends 4 computers from there in about 3 years. Never had any problems, yet...

Edit: NVIDIA FTW.

oh yeah, i think with the stingy at returning stuff, i'm sure its for certain products. i've returned to them every part that was faulty with no problems. just now they opened the swapping dept just in case people do dodgys when the product isnt even faulty itself. so the process can be abit tedious...

lol wtf? where is this coming from haha! I returned it coz it was faulty, I'm quite meticulous when it comes to computers etc.

Only quality parts, not some crap that'd break on me.

lol wtf? where is this coming from haha! I returned it coz it was faulty, I'm quite meticulous when it comes to computers etc.

Only quality parts, not some crap that'd break on me.

lol maybe they just hate you :lol:

although lately... they've been quiet, yesterday i came and asked for an ink cartridge, they said "we don't have it" im like, "wtf? you sell this product here, and then u don't sell the ink cartridges for this?" LOL :lol:

basically you need a PCI-e card since it's a newer PC. You'd be better off in the ATi camp since the nvidia 8xxx series sufferes from premature failure from soldering bead process issues. If it's a newer nvidia it should be okay. But I think your best buy is the ATi 4850 1GB from HIS for $59 from MSY. That's a cheap card which is passively cooled so you don't have to worry about worn fans and offers performance par to the nvidia GT220/240 series, for half the cost.