2007 Levin ZR Xenon Headlights

mp3dewd

Ok. Before creating a new topic, I did a search on xenon HID headlights for the Levin ZR and how to change/replace them.

The problem I have is that one of my original low beam xenons (passenger side) lights up for about a minute (sometimes less) and then just turns off. If I turn off the lights and then turn them back on, same thing, works for about a minute, then dies.

What I need to know, would it be the bulb that is dead/dying or is it the ballast?

Has anyone had experience in changing the original low beam headlights on the Levin ZR? I would probably also look at upgrading the temp to 6000K to make the lights a little 'whiter' than the standard 4300K.

I have done a quick search on eBay and have found the following two bulbs. I am leaning more towards the Philips bulbs. Is that a good choice?

Philips D4S 42402 HID Xenon Bulbs 6000K Lexus Toyota

JDM Garax 6000K D4S HID Bulbs Toyota Prius Venza Avalon

Thanks in advance

Im running the Garax 6000k and loving them.

As for your problem, i suggest it may be a ballast issue, or ground issue, but the ground is a slim shot.. Start from the cheaper end first, the globe replacement. OEM ballasts are hella expensive.

See here for pics of the Garax bulbs in my ZRE

Changing them takes a minute, unplug the loom, unclip the spring holder, remove.

The problem is most likely the bulbs, they lasted for about two and a half years, about 72000kms of driving and were replaced under warranty.

Dutchie101, only replaced the bulbs.

Ok. Before creating a new topic, I did a search on xenon HID headlights for the Levin ZR and how to change/replace them.

The problem I have is that one of my original low beam xenons (passenger side) lights up for about a minute (sometimes less) and then just turns off. If I turn off the lights and then turn them back on, same thing, works for about a minute, then dies.

What I need to know, would it be the bulb that is dead/dying or is it the ballast?

Has anyone had experience in changing the original low beam headlights on the Levin ZR? I would probably also look at upgrading the temp to 6000K to make the lights a little 'whiter' than the standard 4300K.

I have done a quick search on eBay and have found the following two bulbs. I am leaning more towards the Philips bulbs. Is that a good choice?

Philips D4S 42402 HID Xenon Bulbs 6000K Lexus Toyota

JDM Garax 6000K D4S HID Bulbs Toyota Prius Venza Avalon

Thanks in advance

car still under warranty???

No suppliers here in Oz. Not for the Garax anyways, the Philips maybe, but for the price Autobarn charge, you could probably buy 2 pair inc postage for the same price.

Aus sucks for sources of good globes... I want a pair of PIAA ion yellow for my foggies... ebay and direct from a US car shop appear the only options.