Engine Oil

Davvy

Hey my service is coming up. This time I thought I'll do it myself rather than taking it in to the mechanic to save some $$$. What type of engine oil would you guys recommend for a Corolla running the 1zz-fe engine?? If someone can let me know it would be a great help :D

I use Valvoline in my '07 Camry

Check what is suitable for your car in the Valvoline or Castrol books, in Supercheap or Autobarn etc

Don't forget a new good quality oil filter, 10,000 kilometres between oil changes is a lot of kilometres

At each oil change I put in a bottle of Nulon E20 oil additive, this way I have peace-of-mind that the engine is protected

Others do an extra oil change at 5,000 kilometre intervals but my theory is that having the extra protection of the Nulon E20 there is no need for more frequent oil changes than at 10,000 kilometre intervals

PETER WHERRETT, one of Australia's foremost motoring journalists and others, have done extensive tests using the Nulon E20 and it has always performed exceptionally well in all sorts of extreme conditions

Good luck doing your own maintenance !