bmw 1 series M coupe revealed

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463218

its named "1M" as apparantly "M1" was used on another bmw. there's not much info on the specs yet but it will most likely use the n54 turbo 6 cyclinder from the 335i/135i. the new headlights and taillights gives an idea on the looks of the facelift 1 series coupes due soon.

sigh i want a hatchback m car :P

Picture15.png

Picture13.png

Picture12.png

Picture11.png

Picture10.png

Picture9.png

Picture7.png

pirat-6.png

Edited by chicken

I think its a limited production car for aus at the moment.

yeah the m cars historically had more power than the top non m car in the series. From older pics it has a LSD. Will obviously handle much better plus the widened body. But will bmw allow it to be faster than a m3?

The M1 was BMW's only true supercar... mid engined and crazy. If they make another M1 it will be in the same vein.

I think it'll be faster then the current gen M3, but then they'll shortly after release a new M3 and so on and so on.

I'd love one as a hatchback as well ;) I prefer the hatch.

The M1 was BMW's only true supercar... mid engined and crazy. If they make another M1 it will be in the same vein.I think it'll be faster then the current gen M3, but then they'll shortly after release a new M3 and so on and so on.I'd love one as a hatchback as well ;) I prefer the hatch.

oh ok didnt know that :)

the specs of the 1M have been leaked/released:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463733

BMW lists EU weights:

E46 M3 at 1,549 kg. = 3,415 lbs.

E92 M3 at 1,680 kg. = 3,704 lbs.

E82 1M at 1,570 kg. = 3,461 lbs.

Eu is Din + 68kg driver and 7kg luggage.

1M Highlights

BODY/SUSPENSION:

High strength steel unibody with widened fenders and track

Metal roof panel (saves 35lbs over 1-series with moonroof)

Aluminum suspension from E90/E92 M3. Virtually all of the front-end components are aluminum; virtually every detail on the five-arm rear axle is made of aluminum

Weight balance of 51.7% front 48.3% rear

Weighs in at 1,495kg DIN (3,296 lbs, preliminary)

BRAKES/WHEELS:

Brakes from M3 featuring internally-vented, cross drilled cast icon discs 14.2 inch front, 13.8 inch rear. Each disc is connected to a floating aluminum hub by cast-in stainless-steel pins which reduces the thermal loads on the discs, thus increasing their performance and service life.

Dash display brake wear indicator monitors condition of the brake linings.

M3 Competition / M3 GTS competition wheels 19x9 with 245/35/19 tires front and 19x10 w/ 265/35/19 tires rear

Rack-and-pinion steering with hydralic power steering (Servotronic)

ENGINE/TRANSMISSION:

Free revving twin-turbocharged, all aluminum, 3.0L inline 6 cylinder engine, with direct injection

335hp @ 5900rpm

332lb-ft torque from 1500-4500rpm (with +37lb-ft overboost)

7,000 rpm redline

4.7 second 0-60mph / 4.9 second 0-100kmh

13.2 second quarter mile

155mph top speed

M Drive button actives razor sharp throttle response program

6-speed manual transmission with dry sump cooling system and 3.15:1 final drive ratio, with M gearshift knob

Upgraded flywheel for use with high torque

M DIFFERENTIAL / TRACTION CONTROL:

Variable M differential lock for optimum rear wheel drive traction

DSC traction control

MDM (M Dynamic Mode) mode allows less intervention from DSC system for more oversteer and maximum performance

AERODYNAMICS: AIR CURTAINS

Air curtains, used here for the first time in a BMW production vehicle, improve air flow around the wheel arches with the benefit of significantly reduced turbulence. This innovative aerodynamic feature consists of openings in the outer section of the lower front fascia that route high-pressure air through ducts at each front corner. The ducts are approximately 10 x 3 centimeters wide and are designed to channel air to openings at the front of each wheel arch, where it is discharged through a very narrow opening at high speed. The escaping air stream covers the side of the front wheels like a curtain, thereby reducing aerodynamically unfavorable turbulence around the rotating wheels. (Technology stems from BMW Vision Efficientdynamics).

Edited by chicken

far out, great creation by BMW. shoving a twin-turboed v6 into a small car is awesome. the car looks mad as well- the front bumper reminds me of the BMW x6 M( have a look at it, they look really similar).

• 1 month later...

According to wikipedia :S the original m1(mid engine) and 8series(front engine) looked similar. The 8 series was newer and more powerful and bmw made a prototype m8 but never released it. This m1 concept has been around since 2008 i think. There is a m8 concept using hybrid technology too.

This is all from wikipedia... I was taught to avoid wiki for research lol oh well

Yeah the 8 series looks a lot like the M1, for its time it was pretty powerful n stuff. See a lot of them around Europe when I was there and theres always one right near where I used to work. Sexy car.

Concept M1 is aweful :P That 1 series M tho is awesome.

• 4 months later...

Saw a White one with black wheels down at the RTA the other day. Looked wicked.

A friends mum has the 135i , which makes the STi it replaced look like a 4 cyl Camry in terms of performance. Can't imagine what this 1M is like.

I think they are a limited edition of 1500. We had our first 1 come into work the other week and it was already sold. With the pumped guards they look orsome. Hopefully they dont suffer the camshaft/ fuel pump concerns of the 135/335

yeah probably all sold out. im waiting for my invitation for the 1M release from the dealer like for the mini countryman but who am i kidding lol.

hopefully they solved the fuel pump issues.

• 1 month later...

After the loss of my Beemmer, the M1 beast would ease the pain.... ooohhhh weee! Dam, imagine a high tuned/fiddled with example... :o B)

do it! haha or wait for the next m3 rumoured to have a tri-turbo I6 :D

or get the pre-2010 135i, same 1M engine for half the price. but less aggressive exterior

Edited by chicken