Rado - Crackling & Hissing

ozelady

HELP !!!!

I have a 2008 Corolla Ascent Hatchback and have had radio issues since day one. Toyota, supposedly changed the radio unit, then the antenna, then the wiring from the unit to the antenna. This has been going on for two years now, the other day, they replaced the radio unit with a supposedly better model and the CRACKLING and Hissing has gotten worse.

I have taken the car to an independant car audio place in melbourne who advised me that they have tested wires, antenna etc, but it appears the unit could be the problem. have suggested i try putting in an aftermarket product and see if this solves the problem.

Has anybody else had this problem or am i just going crazy. Any solutions or feedback would be great.

Cheers

Edited by ozelady

HELP !!!!

I have a 2008 Corolla Ascent Hatchback and have had radio issues since day one. Toyota, supposedly changed the radio unit, then the antenna, then the wiring from the unit to the antenna. This has been going on for two years now, the other day, they replaced the radio unit with a supposedly better model and the CRACKLING and Hissing has gotten worse.

I have taken the car to an independant car audio place in melbourne who advised me that they have tested wires, antenna etc, but it appears the unit could be the problem. have suggested i try putting in an aftermarket product and see if this solves the problem.

Has anybody else had this problem or am i just going crazy. Any solutions or feedback would be great.

Cheers

LOL im just going to write what everybody is thinking, why is this in the Aurion section and not the Corolla one?

if you have tried different head units with the same result perhaps try taking the head unit out and connecting another aerial, that way if it clears the problems you know its the antenna that needs replacing in your car and not a head unit issue or vice-versa if the problem persists, your dealer should of probably worked that out when they put a new head unit in your car but got the same result lol? good luck with it all though :)

HELP !!!!

Cheers

Hi Ozelady,

1. Are you sure you've posted into the right forum?

2. Have you tried using the radio in multiple locations and have the same problem? I'm just wondering if it's just poor signal strength where you are thus the hissing and crackling noises from your radio.

3. Was this problem encountered when you first bought the car? If not, have you tried driving the car to a location where you know the radio worked perfectly before, and seeing whether it crackles and hisses now? If it does hiss and crackle, then you can eliminate poor radio signal as the culprit.

4. You may have a bad earth or voltage leak somewhere thus causing interference to the radio. You might want to ask an auto electrician to check this for you (or a mate who is pretty good with auto electrics). Do you have any accessories/aftermarket mods? EG. HID's etc? These can cause interference problems if not earthed or connected securely. Dirty power can cause all sorts of troubles and a crackling radio may be the least of your worries.

Cheers,

BB

Sorry guys im new at this and didn't realise i was in the wrong section. I wanted to delete the post, but yet again, im a novice......SORRY

HELP !!!!

Cheers

LOL im just going to write what everybody is thinking, why is this in the Aurion section and not the Corolla one?

if you have tried different head units with the same result perhaps try taking the head unit out and connecting another aerial, that way if it clears the problems you know its the antenna that needs replacing in your car and not a head unit issue or vice-versa if the problem persists, your dealer should of probably worked that out when they put a new head unit in your car but got the same result lol? good luck with it all though :)

Beep Beep

Thanks for your response. No, ive never used this forum before and as a last resort chose to ask for help, embarrassing myself as a newbie. !!

1. yes the radio has been the same since i bought the new car, toyota have claimed that they have changed the head unit, the antenna and all the wiring.

2. The audio guy has checked all wiring and advised its all ok, suggested i try another unit a blaupunkt (did i spell that right) and see if it has the same issue.......

3. Toyota are trying to say there is nothing wrong with it, although its under warranty.

4. No accessories added to the vehicle.

Once again apologies for posting in the wrong forum.......how do i delete posts ?

HELP !!!!

Cheers

Hi Ozelady,

1. Are you sure you've posted into the right forum?

2. Have you tried using the radio in multiple locations and have the same problem? I'm just wondering if it's just poor signal strength where you are thus the hissing and crackling noises from your radio.

3. Was this problem encountered when you first bought the car? If not, have you tried driving the car to a location where you know the radio worked perfectly before, and seeing whether it crackles and hisses now? If it does hiss and crackle, then you can eliminate poor radio signal as the culprit.

4. You may have a bad earth or voltage leak somewhere thus causing interference to the radio. You might want to ask an auto electrician to check this for you (or a mate who is pretty good with auto electrics). Do you have any accessories/aftermarket mods? EG. HID's etc? These can cause interference problems if not earthed or connected securely. Dirty power can cause all sorts of troubles and a crackling radio may be the least of your worries.

Cheers,

BB