What was the odo reading on ur new Kluger?

John E Buoy

Mine had less than 20km when I picked it up.

I took delivery of a new Celica in 2000 that had about 60km on it and I wasn't impressed because I'm sure they had been joyriding in it :angry:

I realise how long ago this post was made, but I felt I had to offer my opinion here, do you really think that with the amount of vehicles that come through a dealership that we'd be in any way interesed in flogging cars?

The novelty of having different cars come through here wears off very quickly.

Thanks for your opinion.

There is no mention in my post of "flogging" the car. The purpose of the thread was to do with unnecessary driving of new cars by the dealer contributing to higher than expected odometer readings on delivery. I don't see how you would rack up 60km driving on and off a truck.

The two other brand new cars I have taken delivery of since (including the Kluger) had much lower kms.

And yes I think that the 19 year old apprentices would have enjoyed driving around in a brand new ZZE231 when they had only just been released. It was a Raven Black ZR and looked shmick!

• 2 months later...

50km's on my one delivered last week. bit anoying since you would expect it to only have 0-10km's?

although the toyota factory has a massive car yard and the cargo boats are huge.

Should have one of those plastic guard things that the dealer pulls out when you buy it. too cool

Dealers and their staff in the workshops are NEVER To be trusted!

I see DAILY abuse of brand new cars, being taken down the road to the servo filled up on the cheapest rubbish 91 oct fuel then totally FLOGGED out of the servo at full throttle with liters of water shooting out the exhaust!!! IF THIS WERE MY CAR I WOULD KILL THE SOB!!!!

When my car arrived at Dwyers Gippsland Toyota I demanded NO ONE DRIVE IT without my presence, the car had 2 km on it only, the "mechanic" drive it like a baby around the block, and proceeded to tell me how he used to flog Aston Martin (worth 250k) brand new before delivery, and that to my face!@

NEVER EVER TRUST A SALESMAN, NEVER EVER TRUST A DEALER@! its your 50+k of ca$h you are the customer, you demand to not have some ****** flog your pride n joy from brand new. IT HAPPENS DAILY and everywhere in every stealership, you are too green if you think it does not happen :blink:

Buyer beware!

I took delivery of a new Celica in 2000 that had about 60km on it and I wasn't impressed because I'm sure they had been joyriding in it :angry:

I realise how long ago this post was made, but I felt I had to offer my opinion here, do you really think that with the amount of vehicles that come through a dealership that we'd be in any way interesed in flogging cars?

Nice opinion, worth as much as the honesty from any car salesman LOL :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

Consider the question without being immmature about it and you might see the sense in what I was saying...

• 4 weeks later...

Consider the question without being immmature about it and you might see the sense in what I was saying...

No one gives a toss about what a salesman says!

Just sit outside a dealership or the local servo they use and watch the abuse on a daily basis! I have! so have many others!

Don't kid yourself thinking some ****** at a dealership is going to respect your car! let alone follow the factory guideline to run it in correctly!

Go back to lying to your customers fool!

• 4 weeks later...

got mine last week, had 70kms on it with a full tank of fuel and negotiated. But it had to have the window tint put on which would have contributed to the Km's I would say.

All in all a bit higher than I would have liked but what ya going to do!

got mine last week, had 70kms on it with a full tank of fuel and negotiated. But it had to have the window tint put on which would have contributed to the Km's I would say.

All in all a bit higher than I would have liked but what ya going to do!

^^^^^^ :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...