what is the the car cable symbol means?

pooya

hi everyone

i buy a TOyota camry 1995 and the car audio unit has to change so i get a new car unit but after take the old unit out i find too difficult to find what cable going to where. i looking on the internet and find this car audio jacks from

"http://www.tehnomagazin.com/Auto-radio-car-connector/TOYOTA-Car-Radio-Wiring-Connector.htm"

but i can't understand what the car symbol means e.g. iLL +B, ACC +B, BU +B ..... I know the +B, what's that mean before +B

my car socket is 3 picture in the web

could any one of you guys helping me please

thanks

post-22993-0-73635000-1296305138_thumb.j

Edited by pooya

Why not just go to supercheap and get an adapter harness hence saving the need to cut or work out what wire means what. Should I be slightly worried that you dont know what ACC mean ?

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.asp

This is also a better site to tell you exactly what each wire does.

Why not just go to supercheap and get an adapter harness hence saving the need to cut or work out what wire means what. Should I be slightly worried that you dont know what ACC mean ?

Air Conditioning Coolness, right?

the thing is first the color is totally different and second all the wire from inside the car get the +B from the unit like all the: dashboard light, door light, front light.

i did that but now when i turn the switch off all the light in the car turned off

Edited by pooya

The installdr diagram is correct as I have used it multiple times. Print it out and have it in front of you when you are trying to figure out the wires. REMEMBER it is describing the male side of the plug.

I dont know how you managed to wire it so far but I dont think you should be doing this yourself!! But please get someone who has somewhat of an inkling to show you what is what first before something bad happens.

.... but I dont think you should be doing this yourself!! But please get someone who has somewhat of an inkling to show you what is what first before something bad happens.

This.

Personally, find a mate who has a multi-meter and knows how to use it. With a multimeter and a AA battery, you can figure out the wiring in a few minutes. If I were you, I would learn a bit more about electrical wiring before playing around with it.