Personalized Plates

Hey Friends

I don’t know if this has ever been discussed but I have often wanted to ask someone stopped at traffic lights just what their Personalized Plates really mean.

My whole family are Weird Al junkies and the plates on my car were chosen by my son for the Celica when he owned it. They are based on the lyrics in the chorus of weird Al’s Pretty Fly for a Rabbi. Given that it would cost over $2k to get the correct spelling done he opted for the 01 to replace OY.

We found out recently that OY VEY is a Jewish exclamation of dismay or annoyance. (This states the true concept of restoring old cars) I found this out from a Jewish guy who stopped and asked if I would sell them because he thought his mother would get a laugh from them.

Come on and divulge the meanings of yours if you feel it is not too “Personal”

Corolla - HIR07A - fairly obvious, my forum handles is Hiro and the car has a 7A :P

Soarer - KIL202 - came with the car, previous owner had a mate who was doing up a HQ or something similar with a 202 in it, all his mates then got anti-Holden plates as a joke.

I've got "SPTVOH" on mine - couldn't get SPTIVO (and in Vic if I had of used a 0 instead it would have put a diamond separator so it would have been SPTIV.0, very stupid!).

The car is a Camry Sportivo so the idea is kind of "Sportiv-oh!" :) I thought it would be pretty obvious but I've actually had a couple of Toyota dealerships ask me what it means.. <_< My gran first asked me "Spit voh?? What does that mean?" but now I've explained them to her she explains them to everyone else :lol:

I had 11SXI on my silver barina

HDACHE on the sportivo and

OOD33 on 3 cars now....

All self explanatory I think. Anyone not get any of them?

You actually had HDACHE Prestige Plates? Learn something new every day.

I had 11SXI on my silver barina

HDACHE on the sportivo and

OOD33 on 3 cars now....

All self explanatory I think. Anyone not get any of them?

You actually had HDACHE Prestige Plates? Learn something new every day.

If they were prestige plates I'd still be using them!!!!

They are Victorian plates - 6 letter plates were $300 at the time :) they are on display in the lounge room