Window tinting

Just wanted to find out if you guys and gals knew of any places in Sydney that provide tinting that is darker than normal, i want it so that know body can see into the car...and i do not want mirror tint.

Rollin - I dont know about Sydney but mine is getting done tomorrow by MEP FILMS. It is the sister company for Tint-A-Car. Their tint was the darkest colour of all the ones that i looked at.

BUT, it was still 35% and legal :)

i think all places have window tinting film at 5% (and some even smaller %) and all you need to do is ask them for it.

please check with the dealer and also with your local road laws what % is legal for rear windows and for front windows.

i have written about light/dark interiors and light/dark paint exterior and how this affects the look of window tinting already, please search for this post if you are interested in reading more.

Also be aware that insurance companies may not insure u if u get in an accident for having illegal tint... LIKE MINE!!!  :P  :D  :lol:

once you have got your windows tinted contact your insurance company to advise the modification so it will be added to your record. if not and damage is caused to your windows your insurance company might not replace the window tinting.

you can tint your front window and i think the maximum size is 160mm height from the top edge.

your insurance could be voided for many reasons like wrong indexed tyres, too big wheels (height and width), unboxed air intake system, aftermarket management chip etc. please read the regulations of your local road laws to find out what is permitted and what is not.

Does anyone know if u will be coverred by insurance if u have illegal tint and

U get into an accident in daylight which u can see clearly. I know that they won't cover u at night because ur vision becomes impaired with really dark tints.

What do u guys think???

Does anyone know if u will be coverred by insurance if u have illegal tint and

U get into an accident in daylight which u can see clearly. I know that they won't cover u at night because ur vision becomes impaired with really dark tints.

What do u guys think???

your car is unroadworthy when any part of it is illegal. of course you could argue that your illegal modifications played no part whatsoever in the accident you were in.

drivers in victoria should read vic roads, vehicle standards information no. 2, window tinting

]http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/vrninte.nsf/alldocs/78BA3EF91A3269A0CA256B7B0015C538?OpenDocument&Area=[Road+safety+hidden+documents]