Got hit when parked on street. Advice urgently needed!

Steven-SX6

Thanks first for viewing my post.

I couldn't locate the troublemaker.(I thought it should be my neighbour, but her camry hybrid looks totally fine)

Please advise me if I shall repair it or change a new one or leave it alone.(the dark one actually is quite deeply damaged, my plate is also bent)

If change a new one, how much does it cost?

If repair it, just paint or polish+paint? What's the expense?

Appreciate your suggestions!

post-18735-0-46362900-1297914066_thumb.j

I'd suggest just a re paint as there is not enough damage to justify getting a new one.

A new one would have the added cost of painting on top.

Just a quick prep and paint from a good panel shop would suffice.

Well it all depends - if it is deep enough and has cracked the bumper from the back then its probably not such a bad idea to replace it. At least these days bumpers are plastic so you don't have to worry about rust, although you can get oxidisation into the paint and further damage it. As a rough ballpark a new front bar is around $200-300, then add the same again for painting and fitting, so around $500-600 from a reputable panel beater. If the bar isn't cracked and damaged then just go for the option where they'll sand it back, fill in the crack and then repaint, which is usually still a couple of hundred dollars. Shop around and get some quotes and see what you think :)

Whereabouts are you? I'm sure some members are probably able to suggest good panel beaters.

Edited by Tash

Not that long ago, I dinged the rear bumper of our Echo and looked into reapir costs.

Was going to cost me $400-$600 if I was to take the car in and say fix it.

It was recommended by the guy at our local panel shop, that I remove the bumper, fill it, sand and prep myslef and they'd simply throw a few coats of base and a couple of clear, all for $100 cash.

Down side now is that the nice shiny bumper makes the rest of the car look average :huh:

As long as it hasn't pushed the plastic bar cover in too far, it shouldn't be that difficult to fill and prep.

Thank you(EC11WA,Tash,mr_grumble2010)so much for above valuable suggestions.(I guess it didn't crack the bumper from the back, I will check it later)

My mood suddenly turned better when I saw $100 expense, although I wouldn't know how to sand and prep it myself.

But really feel that the accident doesn't make me flow too much blood.

Thank you again!