a few wrong things with steering and breaks

wilbur94

hi guys i ha a 2008 ZR6 with 33 thousand KHS on the clock haven't done major mods to it eye lids and a few trim inserts have been changed around i noticed when i first got the car brand new that if i had the wheel on full lock i would feel a click in the steering but now being a few years old i can feel a click in the center of the wheel and even more noticeable on a full lock you can just see the click in the wheel if you look hard enough and now that my son has had his Ls for 5months now he says he can feel the breaks could be better he says he applies the breaks to a cretin pressure and when he hits 20KPHs every time it is the breaks feel like they let go and he has to apply more pressure i cant feel this when i break and my son can feel the clicks in the wheel as well my car has not been in any accidents

has anyone else had these kind of issues before with theres?

it could be due for break pads

if there is knock on stre wheel, it could be driving shaft need to replace, i have 2008 aurion presara, & my car had knocking noise in str wheel, took it toyota under warranty they fix it. car is driving fine now.

if you have felt clicking noise every time you drive FROM P TO D. & you hear knocking noise near right wheel around 5 to 20KMH speed . its self test for ABS which release the spark to self ABS check. all ZR6 & presara model does that. if it is something else speak to toyota dealer.

hi guys i ha a 2008 ZR6 with 33 thousand KHS on the clock haven't done major mods to it eye lids and a few trim inserts have been changed around i noticed when i first got the car brand new that if i had the wheel on full lock i would feel a click in the steering but now being a few years old i can feel a click in the center of the wheel and even more noticeable on a full lock you can just see the click in the wheel if you look hard enough and now that my son has had his Ls for 5months now he says he can feel the breaks could be better he says he applies the breaks to a cretin pressure and when he hits 20KPHs every time it is the breaks feel like they let go and he has to apply more pressure i cant feel this when i break and my son can feel the clicks in the wheel as well my car has not been in any accidents

Can't say I've heard of these issues before. I would suggest you get your tie-rod ends, wheel bearings and steering rack tested by a reputable mechanic as this is the only way you'll get a definite answer. Same with your brakes. If there is something wrong with either of these I wouldn't waste time on a forum asking about it - book it in for an inspection asap.

Also, PLEASE use punctuation and maybe even correct spelling... It's a nightmare trying to read your post. A full stop every now and then doesn't take that much effort but it does make for far easier reading and as a bonus people will treat you with more respect especially given that you're old enough to have a son on his L's.

Can't say I've heard of these issues before. I would suggest you get your tie-rod ends, wheel bearings and steering rack tested by a reputable mechanic as this is the only way you'll get a definite answer. Same with your brakes. If there is something wrong with either of these I wouldn't waste time on a forum asking about it - book it in for an inspection asap.

Also, PLEASE use punctuation and maybe even correct spelling... It's a nightmare trying to read your post. A full stop every now and then doesn't take that much effort but it does make for far easier reading and as a bonus people will treat you with more respect especially given that you're old enough to have a son on his L's.

Sorry about that i'll try next time As i was heading out. i've been wanting to post this for weeks now so i was in a hurry to get out of the door so i quickly posted this up.