Project Rolly Polly - Silver '95 AE101R Hatch

false alarm... i think its just my sons passport... however the suspension side of things is coming along well... got the passenger side shock installed after much stuffing around doing it the hardway to avoid any setbacks only to find that the easy way was, for once, the easiest way, without murphy's law coming into effect...

i forgot to put the bump stop on and had to strip it down and do it over... however after the hour and a half "hard way" followed by the half hour "easy way", the second time I did the easy way it took me 15 mins start to finish... hopefully it will only take me 15 mins to do the drivers side...

well i guess the false alarm was wrong... turns out it was the short ram air intake...

new020.jpg

20 mins later...

new019.jpg

can't say I've encounted any issues yet... MAF plugs in OK and it hasn't thrown any error codes at me... i've got the old air intake in the back just incase I encounter any issues and my tools... quick 5 mins on the side of the road to change it back if need be... I know it only pushes air thru but it was still a cheap purchase off eBay...

as for the power it seems to be the same... but I did put my DRIFT filter on that was a bit longer than the cheap one that came with it... also serviced it while I was putting it in... next task is to locate the resonator in the front wheel arch and cut it open for more air... the top end of the resonator points straight at the filter... sounds pretty good tho... not as good as the EG Civic did, but the top end is raspier... i was surprised...

nice rims, nice height, looks the goods

maybe a dual outlet exhaust tip welded on to match to your outter rims - not sure your going to get any performance benefit with this car so no point blowing cash on an exhaust, or sri for that matter.

whitestivo

short ram air intake cost me $68 posted from the states and sounds pretty good... cat back exhaust will cost me $250 with a twin chrome tip... $300 to make it sound nice really isn't a waste of money... and the way its getting done will increase power output...

Lol my bad. Just knew it had to plug in and that's what the dodgy eBay installation instructions read. Hiro I will be checking those pics again. Next on the list of fee mods is to open up that resonator.