HID Information for Sportivos?

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to go thru a few things in terms of what I'd need and whether or not I'd have everything covered here.

I want to get HID's for my car but firstly I need to check what it is that I'm going to actually need, I'm struggling here because I don't know that much about HID's

But from what I've read so far,

Low Beams are H7's

High Beams are HB3's

and Fog Lights are HB4's

I pretty much want to go thru the lot, and I've been looking at getting these?

http://firesport.com.au/xenon-hid-warehouse-free-lights-tail-neon--ad173495.htm

Whats your take on this guys? What should I be asking for?

Any help you guys can offer is always appreciated

Thanks heaps man, all this stuffs new to me so I'm doing as much research so I don't get ripped off and get a shotty job out of it

Hey mate, i'm in the same boat as you are. Also want HID's.

I also read that there are no pre made Projectors for the ZZE's.

If anyone knows of anyone in the Melbourne area that can make them please let me know.

I understand you can get the HID's adjusted but projectors would just make the world of difference.

Thanks

Thanks heaps man, all this stuffs new to me so I'm doing as much research so I don't get ripped off and get a shotty job out of it

No worries :)

The best place to get them now days is ebay as some sellers offer life time warranties.....

It probably will, but its entirely up to you. Its because the headlight housing of an 03 sportivo is a reflector design, not meant to take HIDs so the beam pattern will be fairly dispersed. That doesn't stop people from running HIDs on said cars though.

My route was to run HIDs in the foggies, that way it was bright but low down as not to crap ppl off. And maybe run something like the http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=81phillips extreme vision in the main headlights instead?

Alf

Noob here, I heard I cannot put these on my 03 sportivo as it may annoy people??

Do you have any suggestions for bulbs for an 03 foggies?

Foggies are HB4's as stated above.

My question really is, does each globe require a ballast?

If so, I'm looking at around 230 dollars for low beams, high beams, and foggies.. ouch :unsure:

Also, if your interested in changing your rego globes (the small ones just above your rego plate at the rear)

their T10's I believe, for anyone thats interested.

Also, if your interested in changing your rego globes (the small ones just above your rego plate at the rear)

do you know if i can get them from any auto store or do i got to get them online?

also im thinking of getting HID's too. do you really need hid for high beam as well? i was thinking of getting it just for low beam.

cheers

Be aware,

those that choose to run HID's, you WILL get high-beamed by other traffic if you have them in your low beams.

I had 35w 6000k HID's and everyone said they were far too bright (cause of the reflector housing), so i took them out...

Evo

I just wanna do foggies so they are brighter but all I wanna know is if they just slot in or so I need something else?

If you get HID fog lights it will require a Ballast which normally comes with the kit.

If you get the normal fog light halogen bulbs, you just remove the old one and plug the new one in.

do you know if i can get them from any auto store or do i got to get them online?

also im thinking of getting HID's too. do you really need hid for high beam as well? i was thinking of getting it just for low beam.

cheers

T10 globes you can buy at places like Jcar or D!ck smiths even.

Don't need to purchase online.

Does each globe require it's own digital ballast? :blink:

Yes

Evo

Wow, this is going to be quite an expensive bite dry.gif

They usually come in a package with the bulbs,

The kits range from $80 -$800