Polish and Wax

matt_kluger

G'day

I had today off and was bored, so decided to polish the car. I bought Auto Glym Super Resin Polish and Auto Glym Extra Gloss Protection. This brand is from the UK and on the package it says that Aston Martin, Jaguar, McLaren and Morgan all use and endorse the brand.

The polish worked well however I didn't see the purpose of the extra gloss protection, however it says that it seals the gloss and protects the paint. It's interesting to note that one of the main ingredients is petroleum distillate -- does anyone know what that is? I would have thought that would damage paint, but anyway...

What brands do other people use?

Cheers

Matt

I'd say you're on a winning combination there mate..

its true that the EGP step is really there for the enthusiast, as the SRP does also incorporate a protecting agent as well. you'll find that the EGP does not have any cleaners in it (purely just a sealant) so you can layer it for extra protection if you so wish. whereas other LSP's from other companies will often have cleaning agents which many believe to make "layering" useless..

Ive recently gone to the SRP/EGP process for my car, when i have traditionally always been a meguiars user... ive found that the Autoglym products both outshine and more importantly outlast the meguiars NXT 2.0/M21/goldclass plus/m26 (having used all of the forementioned waxes for a good while) and also using pretty much most other major brands of waxes/polishes out there (mothers/eagle one etc)

i do still believe meguiars have the edge on some products like their ultimate quik wax, m205/105 combos, but IMO for the everyday user, the autoglym stuff is hard to beat... the EGP does require a bit more patience to apply and remove, but the end results are worth it IMO...

Wow davo you converted to autoglym? :o :o

I personally use a combination of both, seems to work well for me so far, especially on a black car. I use the super resin polish and then seal over with the NXT 2.0 Beads water like you wouldn't believe :D

Alf