Transmission Gone?????

SCOOTA44

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish you all the best of luck with the next one, Did Toyota at least make an explanation as to why your trans blew up in the first place I think they owe you/us that after 10K

they are going to do a post mortem on it and report it to me, i will post results when they come to hand. then i will take it home to rest under the deck. lol

finally got my car back 4.30 yesterday,$9999.55 why not make it 10k ! anyway it feels different,maybe the old one was dying well before, I find myself driving like a nanna, too scared something might break again. BTW N3ptuNe no car is bullet proof ! I also thought this after my camry, but i have found out the expensive way that even toyota's will break.

:huh: I guess they don't make cars the way they used to then...... Toyota's included.....

Any one else thrash there semi automatic and done more than 99,000K's ? and any dramas?

My old Sportivo was driven pretty hard. A day at the track, numerous drag events, driving in 'S' mode with engine braking/downshifing 90% of the time, many many Nebo runs etc, and it was still going strong and smooth up until 99,9xxkm. Unfortunately the car died first :(

the more i hear about the transmission the more im able to justify the cooler in my own mind lol - somewhat strange Toyota decided to leave them off the Aust cars.

You'll be fine mate, Can't wait for Toyota's diagnostic, be sure to scan it in mate.

will do, Im still scratching my head, why would the gearbox operate normally after resetting the ECU, half hour disconnected from the battery then get an hour's normal driving before it stuffed up again. I still think it was something to do with the computer, maybe someone with more knowlege can enlighten us. :unsure:

Not having any fun anymore driving like a nanna nowdays, haven't pushed it since i had it back, nearly put a couple thou on the clock :(

Wish all the best mate. Hopefully the new transmission pulls through and lives on much longer then the car itself :)

Not having any fun anymore driving like a nanna nowdays, haven't pushed it since i had it back, nearly put a couple thou on the clock :(

Wish all the best mate. Hopefully the new transmission pulls through and lives on much longer then the car itself :)

Thanks I hope so too ! no way I want to pay another 10k for another one in the life of the car (taxi life finishes may 2015) I might try to find someone to rebuild the old one if its not too damaged. the dealer quoted 7k for a rebuild.

All the best with the new box ScootA44.

Anyway makes you wonder back in May, 2007 there where problems with the U660E box in the Lexus ES350, here the TSB notice below.

How many people have had there ECU reflashed because of this problem, I have this problem in the morning when cold, but once warm up it runs fine.

I like the bit at the bottom if not resolved, it should be replaced. LOL

My car out of warranty, 2006 model.

Good read up of the problem here: U660E problems

Problem by build date

It is noticed: "we already know the failure rate of 2nd transmissions is so high".

104972d1179623348-newest-u660e-transmission-tsib-tsba.jpg

104973d1179623617-newest-u660e-transmission-tsib-tsbb.jpg

Edited by Aurion ZR6

All the best with the new box ScootA44.

Anyway makes you wonder back in May, 2007 there where problems with the U660E box in the Lexus ES350, here the TSB notice below.

How many people have had there ECU reflashed because of this problem, I have this problem in the morning when cold, but once warm up it runs fine.

I like the bit at the bottom if not resolved, it should be replaced. LOL

My car out of warranty, 2006 model.

Good read up of the problem here: U660E problems

Problem by build date

It is noticed: "we already know the failure rate of 2nd transmissions is so high".

104972d1179623348-newest-u660e-transmission-tsib-tsba.jpg

104973d1179623617-newest-u660e-transmission-tsib-tsbb.jpg

That made for some interesting reading, will do some more research on other forums too. still waiting for results of trans failure.

looked up the U660E trans on the net there is a very interesting site which describes the "GUTS" of the thing. too many bits that can go wrong. BTW working this evening got the "CHECK VSC" bells and whistles again,cant be the intake as I have replaced the airbox back in, hope its nothing to do with the new box :unsure: