car console/stereo doesnt work

hey guys,

I have a 2004 corolla sportivo. this morning i was plugging in my iphone charger when the whole console and stereo turns off. the a/c still works but there are no lights or anything on any of the screens. not too sure what happened?

cheers

post-23123-0-05028500-1301607969_thumb.j

Man, that picture is huge, Jebus. I've said this once, I'll say it against, Resizing is your friend and ours...

About your issue, you might want to take the console out, it's pretty easy, you just have to take the fascia at the top out, then the ashtray and the shifter boot and the whole console comes out with out any need for a screw driver, could be an issue with the cables, maybe one of them fell out, or possibly what redsportivo said where a fuse has blown.

Does sound more like a fuse has blown though, so before you start tearing into your console, I'd check that first

it is def a fuse ..... i had this happen when using a cigarette lighter socket charger for my GPS ..... popped the fuse ..... no biggy ..... from memory the bad boy that did this is above the glove box ..... i might be wrong as it was a few years ago this happened but yeah ..... just open/remove the glovebox and stick ur head underneath and look straight up ........ to be 200% certain just look it up in the manual

it is def a fuse ..... i had this happen when using a cigarette lighter socket charger for my GPS ..... popped the fuse ..... no biggy ..... from memory the bad boy that did this is above the glove box ..... i might be wrong as it was a few years ago this happened but yeah ..... just open/remove the glovebox and stick ur head underneath and look straight up ........ to be 200% certain just look it up in the manual

mate you were 100% right! thanks guys. its all fixed now :clap: