New Member, New Car, ZR6

ALEXH-

I wouldn't bother with a sunroof. I have one from the factory and I virtually never use it, and it lowers your interior roof lining a fair bit. Money better spent elsewhere

i like how the colours of the no. plates fit in with the colour of the whole car.

Thanks man. I didn't think it was going to look as good either.

+1. Looking good mate! :D

Thanks man :)

What I was thinking is maybe putting a twin exhaust tip. I don't know how good it would look though. One member here did it and it looked awesome but he had to cut through the back bumper first. Any way I can avoid this? Or should I just leave it as is?

Another mod I was interested in is Sunroof. This will be my long term one, it's around $2,000 from a Brisbane based company. Anyone else did a sunroof or know of someone that had one done?

You talkin about me? :D

Unless you get a small tip, you can fit in there, but I wouldn't suggest it. You wouldn't be 100% satisfied.

Sunroof is a matter of preference really... I like it.. So what's the 316 on the plate?

I wouldn't bother with a sunroof. I have one from the factory and I virtually never use it, and it lowers your interior roof lining a fair bit. Money better spent elsewhere

I guess you're right. When I have 2k to spend, I'll probably go with something else too.

You talkin about me? :D

Unless you get a small tip, you can fit in there, but I wouldn't suggest it. You wouldn't be 100% satisfied.

Sunroof is a matter of preference really... I like it.. So what's the 316 on the plate?

Yeah VF-X, that was you. You had your wheels stolen too? Those tips looked amazing on your car man. It's too much effort for me to do that unfortunately. 316 came from back in the day when I use to watch wrestling :D Austin 316 was my fav. wrestler so 316 stuck with me. I was going to put 085 (year of birth) but too many people have that.

btw, where do you get eyelids from?

Eye lids I got em from Thailand, Rstyle.

If only you were around earlier, I bought 4-5 spare sets to spare for members here who would be interested.. Now they're gone.. :P

Austin Stone cold Steve Austin? Yea, as long as not that ***** jericho. :D

Great looking plates Alex :D Definite shame that you're not some kind of immortal though :lol:

Hope to see this up at the QLD Annual meet, although I have a job interview tomorrow and if I get the job I won't be getting the leave :( (4 weeks notice to current job would bring me to end of May, can't expect to work 1 week at a place then take 2 weeks off... :blink:) But if that's the case I will come up later in the year instead! That way we can take lots of pictures, drag Steven along too and get 3 gold cars together :D

Eye lids I got em from Thailand, Rstyle.

If only you were around earlier, I bought 4-5 spare sets to spare for members here who would be interested.. Now they're gone.. :P

Austin Stone cold Steve Austin? Yea, as long as not that ***** jericho. :D

Damn man, should have saved a set incase a new member comes along and needs one haha =] nah all good. Rstyle? is that from ebay? Sorry I didn't have time to search, too busy with work etc.

And yes, stone cold, none of that Jericho sh!t lol

Great looking plates Alex :D Definite shame that you're not some kind of immortal though :lol:

Hope to see this up at the QLD Annual meet, although I have a job interview tomorrow and if I get the job I won't be getting the leave :( (4 weeks notice to current job would bring me to end of May, can't expect to work 1 week at a place then take 2 weeks off... :blink:) But if that's the case I will come up later in the year instead! That way we can take lots of pictures, drag Steven along too and get 3 gold cars together :D

Why thank you. I keep thinking about the back plate. It could have been a thicker one but can't change anything now. I just need to polish the car after all this rain is over.

I don't think I'll be able to go to annual meet. I'll see how I go with work etc.

Def. organise something for later in the year. I'll be keen for some photos with your car and Steven's.

God, last time I went for a cruize/meet up was in 2006 with all the holden bogans :D lolol

My LED parker lights have ARRIVED! I tried installing them and gave up. God I am useless when it comes to cars, really. I had to get a mate to help me with a HID install too. Just not a labour person :( I gotta find someone to do it for me. Arghhh

Edited by ALEXH-

D/W about the rear plate - you'll get used to it, I thought the same thing when I put my slimlines on and a few people also commented that way, in that there is a lot of surrounding space. But I love them now and the way they look so the gap doesn't look odd to me anymore :) When gold is polished and waxed and sparkling believe me, people won't be paying much attention to the space around the numberplates! :clap:

Good luck with the parkers too, unless you have very small hands the best bet is to take the front bumper off, which isn't actually as scary as it seems. You just have to be careful when it comes off not to let it go or pull too far because of the fog light cable still being attached, so you just need to unclip that if you want to move the bumper further out of the way. There are a few how-to guides on here, if you do a search they should come up, I'm sure it was Daryl (DJKOR) who made a thread in the Aurion forum that had some pictures in it. I'm at work atm but can have a search for you when I get home tonight.

Great job on her! She looks clean!

Thanks man. Your Ford is outstanding too.

D/W about the rear plate - you'll get used to it, I thought the same thing when I put my slimlines on and a few people also commented that way, in that there is a lot of surrounding space. But I love them now and the way they look so the gap doesn't look odd to me anymore :) When gold is polished and waxed and sparkling believe me, people won't be paying much attention to the space around the numberplates! :clap:

Good luck with the parkers too, unless you have very small hands the best bet is to take the front bumper off, which isn't actually as scary as it seems. You just have to be careful when it comes off not to let it go or pull too far because of the fog light cable still being attached, so you just need to unclip that if you want to move the bumper further out of the way. There are a few how-to guides on here, if you do a search they should come up, I'm sure it was Daryl (DJKOR) who made a thread in the Aurion forum that had some pictures in it. I'm at work atm but can have a search for you when I get home tonight.

I got use to the slim plate now. Doesn't bother me anymore :)

I'll leave parkers for later. Don't have any time atm. In the mean time they will sit in my glove-box lol.

real nice car...great colour...go the gold ;0)

Thanks alot man. One question if you don't mind? Hows do coilovers compare to standard suspension? Do you lose ride quality at all? And how low can you go with the springs since they are 'adjustable'?

Great job on her! She looks clean!

Thanks man. Your Ford is outstanding too.

I got use to the slim plate now. Doesn't bother me anymore :)

I'll leave parkers for later. Don't have any time atm. In the mean time they will sit in my glove-box lol.

real nice car...great colour...go the gold ;0)

Thanks alot man. One question if you don't mind? Hows do coilovers compare to standard suspension? Do you lose ride quality at all? And how low can you go with the springs since they are 'adjustable'?

i think the ride is a lot more connected to the road however you lose a bit in comfort but it can be dampened softer or firmer as you like it. I have mine 8 clicks from full hard.As far as i'm aware you can go aslow as you like bearing in mind possible scrub issues.I had mine pro done an said inch or two from top o wheel arch for everyday use. the best mod i've done imo so far. cheers Cam :)