MWR & CAMS

HI EVERYONE JUST NEW TO THE FORUM, I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS BOUGHT ANYTHING OFF

THE monkeywrenchracing.com WEBSITE AND IF ANYONE IS RUNNING UPGRADED CAMS IN THERE 2ZZ, IF U CAN

OFFER SOME ADVICE ON WHICH ARE BEST TO GO WITH AND ARE THEY WORTH IT.

THANKS

They make an awesome stroker kit for the 2ZZ.

It's quite expensive though, something like >6k

http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/index.php?cPath=21_39

Not too bad actually. But I guess with the fitting, tax, shipping it would be close to $6k. :rolleyes:

Anyone knows the gains from stroking a 2ZZ?

• Like 1

a fair few people have purchased short throw shifters off monkey wrench. I email'd them about it and there kit only reduces shifter height marginally :| all good feedback about the site if thats what your worried about :)

Bought heaps of stuff from MWR, and they are very good.

As for cams, go for the MWR stage 3 or the Piper stage 3 cams. Keeping in mind you will have to upgrade the valve springs and valves to run these cams. A programmable ECU is also a must with cams to get the gains out of them. And if you really want to rev it out reliable to 8500+rpm you will need the upgraded oil pump gears.

have bought heaps of stuff from MWR .... just check out my garage link in my signature.

bringing over a crated motor is going to be an expensive exercise ..... but then again if u dont want to worry about getting it sorted here in aus and simply want a drop in then maybe that is an option for some.

have bought heaps of stuff from MWR .... just check out my garage link in my signature.

bringing over a crated motor is going to be an expensive exercise ..... but then again if u dont want to worry about getting it sorted here in aus and simply want a drop in then maybe that is an option for some.

couldnt open ur garage link :angry: but car is looking shmiick :clap:

• 1 month later...

I'm really tossing up between stage 2 piper cams and stage 3 piper cams from MWR, Matt from MWR is really suggesting stage 2 cams as they have more torque and acceleration at more midrange revs, but top end is sacrificed. My stivo will be used on the Rd but like most of us, would like the power to smoke the cocky guy at the lights at times. What's your opinion guys?

Why not look at the MWR cams? They are significantly cheaper.

If money can extend towards valve train upgrades and oil pump gears go stage 3. If money is tight do CAI, exhaust and ported manifold first. The cams really need an aftermarket ECU to get the gains.

If money can extend towards valve train upgrades and oil pump gears go stage 3. If money is tight do CAI, exhaust and ported manifold first. The cams really need an aftermarket ECU to get the gains.

Smh Sorry for the way these replies r posted I'm on a my iPhone & new to this.

Anyway, I have a CAI & Exahust system & looking to get my manifold ported & polished. Which MWR or piper cams would you suggest for the best possible performance for the street/track? I'm abit turned off the piper stage 3 as torque is less in midrange so possibly less fun to drive on the rd? The Dyno results for the MWR cams only show from like 4000+ onwards.