Resale value of Sportivo?

I just been debating with my friend that the Corolla Sportivo can hold good resale value after a few yrs and with a couple of thousand ks.

He says Honda cars like DC5R hold better value and its better of me to get one since a new Sportivo would set me back $32k drive away anyway.

But then again im aiming for a brand new car and i just went to a Terry Shield Toyota dealer at parra today and saw a nice white Sportivo :)

So can anyone here maybe tell me if they bought a 2nd hand sportivo and for how much also with how many kms.

So can anyone here maybe tell me if they bought a 2nd hand sportivo and for how much also with how many kms.

Don't bother with second hand. They are not worth it. Besides, the only second-hands you are likely to find are pre-facelift models.

Just get a brand new 05 Sportivo for $27K on road.

there are some good second hand ones out there mate.

i got mine new however ya loose value the second you drive out the dealership.

plus if you get second hand one you might be lucky and all the little issuses will be already sorted. youll probably save yaself 3 to 6 grand on a secondhand sportivo.

that money you could put to any mods ya might wanna do to it. plus you could get one still under warranty aswel.

but at the end of the day its upto you.

only good thing about new is that from day one ya know how its been drivin and theres nothing like the brand new car smell/felling.

but if its just about cash maybe go secondhand mate.

ya could be lucky and get one thats had all the modds done already and still pay less than new.

anyway goodluck mate

p.s

if you do buy secondhand keep an eye on this site a few dudes have sold theres and there have been some nice ones.

Don't bother with second hand. They are not worth it. Besides, the only second-hands you are likely to find are pre-facelift models.

$27,000 drive away? Where at?

I went to a dealer today to check out the cost and if i can remember,

About $28,900 for the car, dealer charges $1095, Rego $250, CTP $335, Stamp Duty $909.

So the on road cost is approximately $2600.

In total would cost about $31600. I wonder how much further they can discount.

About $28,900 for the car, dealer charges $1095, Rego $250, CTP $335, Stamp Duty $909.

I got mine for $27,500 driveaway including bonnet protectors/headlight protectors and car mats. Got mine just over a month or so ago.

I got mine for $27,500 driveaway including bonnet protectors/headlight protectors and car mats. Got mine just over a month or so ago.

Which state do you live in and suburb?

$27500, sounds very good for the sportivo. How did you guys managed to haggle the price down? Tips n tricks people?

If your really ready to put down the bikkies the dealer will do you a deal thats almost a guarantee, especially if its getting toward the end of the month and they're down on their quota.

When your really ready attack the dealerships!

So does that mean go to old shabby dealerships with no cutomers or go to big dealerships with too much stock??

Make your own mind up on that one. Some people are after the cheapest price possible. Others would prefer to pay a little more to know they are going to have good aftersales service.

My method is to approach all dealerships and give them 1 opportunity to quote (no haggling). Let them know that your shopping round so that they know your serious.

Remember to compare apples with apples so have the exact same quote prepared by each dealership (same car, colour, accessories, trade etc).

Whoever comes up with the best price or lowest changeover price obviously gets the deal.

Hasnt failed for me yet!

Which state do you live in and suburb?

$27500, sounds very good for the sportivo. How did you guys managed to haggle the price down? Tips n tricks people?

we bought ours from the local dealer in country nsw. we know them pretty well so got a good price from them. what we've done in the past to get the price down was to get it as low as possible then demand the extras (protectors, mats etc) on top of that after you've got a good price.

also if you have friends/family who have purchased cars in the past with a dealership then bring them along as my parents got an camry sportivo v6 for 32k or so (back in 04) from a dealership where my uncle had previously purchased 4-5 cars off so they were quite happy to bring the price down a bit as well

I just been debating with my friend that the Corolla Sportivo can hold good resale value after a few yrs and with a couple of thousand ks.

He says Honda cars like DC5R hold better value and its better of me to get one since a new Sportivo would set me back $32k drive away anyway.

But then again im aiming for a brand new car and i just went to a Terry Shield Toyota dealer at parra today and saw a nice white Sportivo :)

We got ours 2 weeks ago come with bonnet protector snd headlight protect matts and first service for 27600.00 drive away we live in victoria we emailed 20 dealers for there best price they rang and they had one chance to give us there best price we had 3 dealers drop to this price then we went to our local dealer and he matched the price which was fantastic we got the colour we wanted as well

our tips

* approach dealers near end of month they all have targets

* be just as pushy as they are !!!

* you tell them what you want and how much you will pay if they wont budge call a dealer that will

* try not to go to dealer ship as they will have you sighned up ( they are very tricky people) so to speak heh heh :ph34r:

we have already had it back for first service and got windows tinted done the exhaust and cold air intake and have shift light on the way from US

Things i would want with my Black Sportivo are:

Sports Pedal, Floor Mats, Weathershields.

Then ill try to get them pour in a full tank of fuel.

Hopefully a dealer can sell between $27,500-$28,000 for me :)

Thanks for the tips people, im taking note of everything bit of advice.