Extra power?

Hey all, still kind of new to all this.

But here goes'

Is there any way to get more power from my car.

I know its only a 4cyl auto, but still.

Keeping in mind, im still on my p plates. So that means no turbo's or superchargers.

Also has to be under 200kwW's.

Cheers.

Gonna be hard to get anything out of a 4cyl without boost. Alot of money for little gains but I guess best bang for buck is intake/exhaust.

Not sure you get much gains out of either of these. You do however, get a better soundtrack out of such mods. Best you wait a bit and put your money towards some sort of forced induction.

If you are chasing power, no its not really worth it. Just wait till you are off your p's... or buy a car with a better power to weight ratio.

If you just want to make noise then a cheap intake/exhaust will do that... but there really isn't a lot of point IMO.

Also, you won't have the police following you if they hear or see you coming at any great speed whilst still on P's.

I'm not indicating that you speed Ramikan, but it's one less thing you would need to worry about.

• 2 weeks later...

Larger wheels with low profile tyres means the tyres don't roll across the rim, therefore better handling. Lowering the suspension & stronger sway bars also helps.

As for power; little (but expensive) things like bigger exhaust, larger throttle body, free air intake, larger injectors, etc are just that; little things that will add little power. As all the guys above have already said, boost it, keeping in mind that this will more than likely require an engine rebuild.

Also keep in mind; the faster it goes the faster in needs to stop

If you want power, first things first give the car a good service if it hasn't been done recently, so you get the most out of the car in standard form, and any bolt ons will be a bit more effective as well. You can do minor things like a cold air intake, and swap out the mufflers for high flow 'straight through' design ones (if they aren't the straight through' type from factory)You won't see a huge gain in power, but if you do a few things that gains you a couple kw here and there, that may amount to 5-10kw over standard which will make a minor noticeable difference.

P plate laws, as far as I know, place no restrictions on suspension mods as long as they comply with ADR's, so if you plan to keep the car for a while, spend most of your money there, and on brakes. The fun in 4 cylinders is mostly had in the corners ;).