Better Boot Lighting

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SOOOO i have being doing some myth busting and in light of Darylโ€™s information on a secondary look it was pretty obvious where the issue was. the connectors where the ledโ€™s link to each other are pretty much bare and of course are they same shape as the LED strip so there were touching the metal surface of the car. i unplugged one strip and connected it to the harness and hung it from the connector and it worked fine as it should, connected it to the other strips still on the car and of course it played up again so i unconnected the last LED strip and pointed its connection down towards the boot floor and connect the other end to the strip hanging fro the T10 socket and it worked fine. SOO i placed all the strips back where they were and just left 5cms each end of the connectors to hang in the air and of course it worked fine. By then it started to rain so i quickly grabbed some double sided tape as i wanted to try another thing before it ****** down so didnโ€™t have time to get some nitto tape but anyway i wrapped the connectors up in the double sided tape and stuck the whole thing back how it was and SWEET it all works :yahoo: so tomorrow Iโ€™ll wrap the connectors in some neat white nitto tape and have another cack and stick it all down properly and neat again. But all looks promising.

So yeah dead easy fix. just like i was thinking wrapping the connections up in nitto tape has solved the issue and the LED strips now work spot on every time :)

So yeah dead easy fix. just like i was thinking wrapping the connections up in nitto tape has solved the issue and the LED strips now work spot on every time :)

Nice work mate they look good too :yahoo:

I'll try and remember to get a picture of them working at night so you can get a better idea of how well they work and how bright they are. Was going to do it last night but hay it was Thirsty Thursday and all haha :)

• 2 weeks later...