My Camry Build

Rob.C

This my plans for my '96 Toyota Vienta.

Engine: 3VZ-FE 3.0 Litre V6

Engine Mods: Port and polished heads, AEM cold air intake, Bored out throttle body, Polished and shotpeened rods, Balanced and blue printed bottom end, (maybe) bored .30 thou and honed, Long duration camshafts, Extractors/headers, 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust, Polished 3-4" Glass packed rear muffler, TRD oil cap, TRD radiator cap. My main aim is to hit the 300hp or over with this engine.

Gearbox: Standard Toyota 5 Speed Manual

Gearbox Mods: Exedy clutch, Lightened flywheel, LSD, TRD quickshifter, TRD gearknob

Suspension: Kings lowered 2-3" all round, (maybe) KONI adjustables.

Wheels: 17-18" Chromies possibly AME

Body: Front and Rear bodykit. Tinted windows, (maybe)Custom mix colour

Interior: Standard trim, Pioneer 12 Stack CD player, Pioneer Double din head unit, Pioneer 6x9, Pioneer 6" Splits, Autometer monster tacho w/ shiftlite, TRD pedals, White face gauges.

My Motivation: The motivation to build my car is to show the Toyota and car community, that a Toyota Camry can be just as much a show car as any other car on the road today. Alot of forums i have gone to have rubbished and put Camry drivers and their cars done for no particular reason, other than they drive a Camry. So, stuff 'em, I'll show 'em. I plan on starting this soon, i still have a few things to sort out aswell as trying to organise a huge move for me and my family interstate (we hope). But, be rest asured, i'll keep you all up to date with what i'm doing and where i'm upto.

Cheers,

Rob.

Good Luck mate. My dad has a 95 vienta but its auto. Its a nice cruiser but feels real heavy even with its v6 140kw engine but has plenty of torque. I would love to see that engine in a car weighing around 1100-1200 kilos. Good luck, keep us posted. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have revised my previous post, and have changed my plans for the Camry.

I'm going to go nuts with it. The engine is to be fully rebuilt using forged pistons, to help get the compression down a touch and then with some custom manifolds, i'm going to run a T3-T4, hybrid turbo, running through a headlight to headlight intercooler. The rest is still going to be the same, but i'm thinking of a Carbon Fibre bonnet.

• 10 months later...

This my plans for my '96 Toyota Vienta.

Engine: 3VZ-FE 3.0 Litre V6

Engine Mods: Port and polished heads, AEM cold air intake, Bored out throttle body, Polished and shotpeened rods, Balanced and blue printed bottom end, (maybe) bored .30 thou and honed, Long duration camshafts, Extractors/headers, 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust, Polished 3-4" Glass packed rear muffler, TRD oil cap, TRD radiator cap. My main aim is to hit the 300hp or over with this engine.

Gearbox: Standard Toyota 5 Speed Manual

Gearbox Mods: Exedy clutch, Lightened flywheel, LSD, TRD quickshifter, TRD gearknob

Suspension: Kings lowered 2-3" all round, (maybe) KONI adjustables.

Wheels: 17-18" Chromies possibly AME

Body: Front and Rear bodykit. Tinted windows, (maybe)Custom mix colour

Interior: Standard trim, Pioneer 12 Stack CD player, Pioneer Double din head unit, Pioneer 6x9, Pioneer 6" Splits, Autometer monster tacho w/ shiftlite, TRD pedals, White face gauges.

My Motivation: The motivation to build my car is to show the Toyota and car community, that a Toyota Camry can be just as much a show car as any other car on the road today. Alot of forums i have gone to have rubbished and put Camry drivers and their cars done for no particular reason, other than they drive a Camry. So, stuff 'em, I'll show 'em.

I hear ya Robbo, its bout time someone like you (and me) showed that the camry is a car which when toyed with, will ripp the "balls" off these bigger V6's and V8's, yet still keep it charm.

How many times I have gone to car shows and seen certain red shirt wearing twats walk around and think that only fast car is one with a V8 in it. Sure in a straight line down a 1/4 mile it might have go, but why not have the same fun going around a corner????? much more fun for my liking :-)))))) i have driven a VT V8 before and OMFG: g0t body roll? it drove like a cow. And this is ment to be a performance car with sports this and that. GIVE ME A BREAK!

i like your list of mods and considering doing something along the same lines. I'm currently working on the insides, and will have update in my garage soon.

Good luck champ

Edited by Big(I love my toyota)Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic! I'm a huge fan of that Gen of Camry (I love my 95 manual csi to bits) and would love that bodykit on mine... the mod's sound fantastic, be sure to post some pics as you progress!