TRD 1MZ-FE S/C PULLEY BRACET

HARKEM

lol...you really don't like him....and i'll agree with you, Camry's are a B**CH to work on :)

You have no idea :P

Yeah they are a b*tch to modify, working on them in general is ok.

With the LSD, you will need to change the speedo drive gear as well as the ring gear inside the gearbox as they are different between the MR2 and the Camry. This also means your speedo will be out by about 13% or so (it will read slower than what you are actually doing so you can get speeding tickets a lot easier). Another thing you will need to change is the axle stub/s as the Camry ones are different. If you are lucky the right side will slot in properly with the LSD, but you definitely will need to get the left one. Or if you go custom heavy duty shafts, you will be spending big. My first set costed $700 for the pair which the CVs broke after 1.5 year. Also after installing an LSD you will be chewing through more driveshafts/CV joints and what not because instead of letting the tyres take the brunt of the power and slipping, all the power/torque now is constantly being transferred to both shafts and joints. The SAFC gives you adjustments for 5 points in the rev range. Where as the E-manage blue will give you, if i remember correctly 64 points, 8 points at certain % of throttle if you tune with the laptop software. Or you could go for a stand alone system. With the pulley sizes, you won't be able to just change pulleys whenever you want because your tune is set for a specific amount of boost. So each time you change the pulley you will need to get a new tune. 7psi is risky. Both Andrew and I have killed the knock sensors just running 4psi as they are very sensitive. And one of mine died again when they were tuning it with the 5.5 psi pulley. So running more boost can and will kill them, just a matter of time.

Edited by STYLSH

• 1 month later...

No offense intended guys...but you make it sound like i have him over for dinner and lick his a** out...

all i did was buy a couple of second hand parts..which he either is the only one that has them or is the only one that'll send them to Oz...

And for future refrence when purchasing something from a local supplier you get warranty, rights and service..

When you bypass local and purchase something from the otherside of the world, you take an inherent risk of not getting all or any of the above...so when you do purchase as such you take it at your own risk.

And while i've had my fair share of bad purchases either from forums like this or via ebay i have been angry and have been loud about it to warn others, i don't get angry at someone that choose's to ignore the warning.

Basically take your anger out on someone that deserves it and not me, be an adult!!

• 2 weeks later...

No offense intended guys...but you make it sound like i have him over for dinner and lick his a** out...

all i did was buy a couple of second hand parts..which he either is the only one that has them or is the only one that'll send them to Oz...

And for future refrence when purchasing something from a local supplier you get warranty, rights and service..

When you bypass local and purchase something from the otherside of the world, you take an inherent risk of not getting all or any of the above...so when you do purchase as such you take it at your own risk.

And while i've had my fair share of bad purchases either from forums like this or via ebay i have been angry and have been loud about it to warn others, i don't get angry at someone that choose's to ignore the warning.

Basically take your anger out on someone that deserves it and not me, be an adult!!

He WAS a friend of a friend of ours, you'd expect a little more than what we got dished up.

As for your comment about act like an adult how bout you keep your mouth shut to him about us, so we don't receive bullsh*t emails about stuff you have said to him, whilst we are trying to give you a heads up, so you don't get burnt like we did.

Clearly you are pretty ungrateful, we were only trying to help you then you sh*t on us, that sought of thing puts you in his class of person.

Have a think about that one champ, have a nice day!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...