If you have an iDevice and a car, you need this application.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/awesome-hud/id397445612?mt=8

Go, download it now and go to your car and try it.

Its a HUD app and works amazingly. HUD is Heads Up Display and features on the BMW 5 series, but now featuring on any car you want, it works by displaying information such as speed in your direct line of sight, so you don't look down at your speedo

I'm so shocked at how accurate it is and how realistic and easy it makes it to check your driving speed.

Double up some sticky tape and stick it to your dash and go for a drive.

AWESOME :)

There are many paid HUD's but this is the best free one

I'm sure theres an Android version, just do a bit of Googling, think its called Speed HUD

Would be awesome to see this thing on a frikken iPad :D

Actually, I will try and get some shots with a tablet, my mate has one I can borrow

Some shots (Bit blurry, but thats because of the reflections and dodgy phone camera )

My Favourite Picture is first up and just shows how sexy the setup is :)

4b5d5413.jpg

ddbdde47.jpg

32c12610.jpg

58840e08.jpg

332c7242.jpg

SO go go go, photos do not do this thing justice

Download from the App Store or Marketplace :)

Edited by RollaRollin
  • Like 2

Thanks so much for this. I was actually thinking today "wouldn't it be cool if my car had a HUD like my old Silvia did"

I think there is this special plastic stuff that you can stick to your glass to have it reflecting off during the day if you wanted to take it that far.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HUD-KM-OBD-Rpm-Speed-water-temp-gauge-Heads-Up-Display-/200614132291?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb588ba43#ht_5250wt_863

That is a HUD that retails for about $200 delivered from the states. Might look at getting one.

I think all they use for that plastic sheet you are talking about is window tint. But it looks sort of weird, and un cleanish just having a tinted square right on your window

I don't think really any aftermarket HUD would look good at day anyway, more of a night time time goody

Glad I could help, I'm still happy I found it, so clean and nice rather than looking at your speedo

• Like 1

Yeah mate.

Instead of buying a Levin Cluster here in Aus you can get em in the states for around 1/4 of the price.

Heck even cheaper if you just ask for the black fascia bit. I brought the whole cluster for $100 delivered.

Cluster didn't work here, well it worked, but fuel, odomoter etc were all out

Sneaky way to change your mileage on your car, its stored in the cluster itself :P

Its way off on accuracy though because the speedo over there only goes to 110MPH which is 180kph

Our speedos here go to 240 so there is a calibration issue.

But miraculously if you are sitting on 25 MPH you are doing 50KPH

Tested with a GPS as well. SO you just double whatver your sitting on in MPH and thats your speed in KMH

A bit dodgy at first, but I hated the stock Ascent Cluster with its white brightness so this works well and looks nice.

Just need to swap out the LEDs for blue ones now

Edited by RollaRollin
  • Like 1