powdercoated rims cost

hey guys,

so before anyone says use the search button, I DID, but failed ha.

so basically i went to the local sandblaster and apparently they shut at 3pm on a friday the slackers. so in the meantime till i get a quote monday can anyone tell me how much (approximately) it will cost to color my rims? there just stock sportivo rims but i think they'll look lush either red or black :D

Dixon

hey guys,

so before anyone says use the search button, I DID, but failed ha.

so basically i went to the local sandblaster and apparently they shut at 3pm on a friday the slackers. so in the meantime till i get a quote monday can anyone tell me how much (approximately) it will cost to color my rims? there just stock sportivo rims but i think they'll look lush either red or black :D

Dixon

u in melbourne? mansutti bros in totenham 60 bucks per rims sandblasted and powder coated... and go for the black... red stands out wayyy too much haha :P

kenshin your one to talk bro you repin lime's! hahaha

but seriously, im in qld and 3 hours north of birsbane so i dunno how much the small businesses here are gunna charge me :s oh and if theres and gutter rash, (i have a tinsy bit on one wheel) will they buff it out?

Dixon

kenshin your one to talk bro you repin lime's! hahaha

but seriously, im in qld and 3 hours north of birsbane so i dunno how much the small businesses here are gunna charge me :s oh and if theres and gutter rash, (i have a tinsy bit on one wheel) will they buff it out?

Dixon

depends how bad the rash is... if its only minor the sand blasting (if done properly) will take most of it off. but the flaw will be so subtle u wouldnt even notice it :)

my sportivo rims are painted in 2 pac gloss black, they look good, i left the centre cap as normal and it with the chrome wheel nuts breaks it up and looks quite good. ill be selling mine very soon as i have a nice new set of wheels in the garage ready to go on.

I seen a set last night Painted gloss black they looked hot I wana do mine now :D

oh so pink wont draw to much attention?! :P

and i wanna go gloss black but the price difference between powdercoat and gloss will be massive per wheel so maybe down the track, ill do it myself! :D

but forsure ill throw some before and afters up :)

I seen a set last night Painted gloss black they looked hot I wana do mine now :D

oh so pink wont draw to much attention?! :P

and i wanna go gloss black but the price difference between powdercoat and gloss will be massive per wheel so maybe down the track, ill do it myself! :D

but forsure ill throw some before and afters up :)

I thought powdercoating left a glossy finish?

Was that at KK's by any chance? If so that might of been me (black on black facelift?)

I was talling my little brother how much I wish I had a red stivo haha.

With regards to op's Question, I paid $70 per wheel (I think?) and I got them done in "satin" black.

I also got the option to choose between a matte, satin or gloss finish (extra $10 for gloss).

Lol yeh it was did you see my car down there....? Red pre facelift ? That sportivo was nice slammed I was gonna ask him if i could buy them off him lol I think I'm in love

Yeah I spotted you there. When you parked infront of KK's you were facing right at me haha, I left maybe 3-4mins after you parked (you had gone to a mate with a charade i think?).

I was in the black on black facelift, this one (but my GF's driving lol)...

5862957714_81bc89198b.jpg

but its far from slammed lol, i think the black wheels help it look lower than it is! haha

A little later on a silver facelift turned up it looked like it would have trouble getting over a stick but looked sexy yeh I did see your car there lol I need to invest in some coilovers