Tail Lights

task

i realised no much people ahve those tinted tail lights on their corollas...

will there be cop trouble ? i have a white corolla and getting my tinted tailights on thursday..how do i install them

cheers boys

If you are referring to lights like Danthuyer's then they are not different lights, they are actually painted.

The police should not have any issues with this as long as you can still see the light protruding through the tint...

although it is grounds for your insurance to void any claims if you have an accident...

I understand what your intending there, however in the event of someone running up your rear end, there is the golden rule of rear-enders, that the person behind was either too fast or too close.

If someone was to run up your bum with your lights like that, wour insurance company wouldn't normally be involved unless you claimed from it for them to sue the unsurance company of the driver that hit you.

The insurance company of the driver that hit you may have grounds to counter sue based on the fact that your lights may be illegal, however, they would have to prove that your lights were not working in accordance with the requirements of your state/territory.

The best thing to do would be to go to your local Transport body and have them approve that the tinting of your lights still maintains legal requirements....

The insurance company wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

I have driven behind Danthuyer's car, and I might say, there is nothing wrong with his in my opinion. Even on a bright day, you can still see his brake lights withour issues...

although it is grounds for your insurance to void any claims if you have an accident...

I understand what your intending there, however in the event of someone running up your rear end, there is the golden rule of rear-enders, that the person behind was either too fast or too close.

If someone was to run up your bum with your lights like that, wour insurance company wouldn't normally be involved unless you claimed from it for them to sue the unsurance company of the driver that hit you.

The insurance company of the driver that hit you may have grounds to counter sue based on the fact that your lights may be illegal, however, they would have to prove that your lights were not working in accordance with the requirements of your state/territory.

The best thing to do would be to go to your local Transport body and have them approve that the tinting of your lights still maintains legal requirements....

The insurance company wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

I have driven behind Danthuyer's car, and I might say, there is nothing wrong with his in my opinion. Even on a bright day, you can still see his brake lights withour issues...

Regardless of the legality, the way insurance companies work these days, its actually easier to try and share blame rather than lump it on one driver or the other.

As Azza said, the golden rule is if you hit someone in the rear, then the assumption is that you were following too close. However, the other car's insurer might suggest that had the lights not been tinted, their driver may have seen the lights sooner, and either avoided or reduced the impact.

In that case, the guy with the tinted lights might find he's been found 10% or 20% to blame, and that may have an effect on your rating, it might mean paying a portion of your excess, or it might hinder your ability to get a hire car while yours is being repaired. That's a big "might" but both myself and Mrs Buddha have worked for different insurers and we've both noticed a bit of a trend that way.

thanks heaps boys...

yeh its the ones danthuyer has i think...i am getting mine from

ignitionx in broadway...

but i know a guy who did have black tailights..and jujst like u guys said...

the other driver said he couldn't see his brake lights...therefore my friend had to pay up.

bad luck