Lowering my 2009 Corolla

Hi guys,

I just have a question in regards to getting my 2009 Corolla Edge lowered. I’m not sure what sort of springs I should get? Lows, Super Lows, Ultra low. The look I want is a neat look I don’t want it to attract any bad attention (Police). I want to be able to my hand in-between the wheel and the arch. Help me out I don’t know what to do :( !!!!!

Thanks guys- Josh

Heya Josh,

If you have a look at the ZRE FAQ Section 4 is suspension related items such as springs and the drop (-mm) each type gives. Simply check your stock height, grab a ruler and look at the list to sort out what type of springs you'll need to suit your required final height.

Hey Josh,

According to Vicroads, you only need around 100mm clearance from the lowest point of your car, which give you heaps of options to play with really.

IMO, I'd probably invest more in coilovers rather that just springs tho.. but each to there own I guess.

but yeah, if your worried about attracting attention from the cops, then you should probably check out the vicroads site before modding anything. If you do happen to get pulled over, just use the same excuse everyone does, that your about to sell it and it's your last drive before the buyer comes picks it up, they usually let you go after that. But yeah, don't use it too often, if it happens and you get away with it, take it as a warning and fix your sh!t before you get pulled over again.

Depending on how low you go as well, you might want to take a look at the offset on your wheels as well. IMO lowering your car can make or break it, you probably want the tire to sit flush (if not, almost flush) with the fenders, not too far in or out. This could mean either a new set of rims (legal) or hub adapters (certainly not legal), but yeah. Australia has probably some of the toughest laws regarding this crap, only because it's a nanny state.. you can blame your Techno listening Muzztech Warriors wearing their poofy bumbags on 95 degree angle driving their mums fully sick VN Bombadores, thinking they own the streets for that.

In short, try the vicroads site for more info on ride hide and you should be sweet.

Best of luck with it tho, man

My bad, just noticed your from Canberra.

You might just want to check the Road Traffic Office site for Canberra in that case

-_- and u had to type an essay out...

I know how much you love reading my essays, Duy

I'm only showing some love here

I'm thinking about the same thing, lowering my rola.

I am definitely going coilovers. That way you can lower yourself to the height you want, if a cop has an issue with it I can just jack it up when i get home and raise it :)

I just have to figure out what coil overs I want now :) I will install them myself, you save a lot that way as suspension places smash you with labour. I did my FD Rx7 coil overs myself, took over half a day with a lot of screwing around but feels great to do things for yourself.

There is just way too much gap between the tyres and the wheel arches stock imo. They look like monster trucks from the factory :) Ok not that bad.

There is just way too much gap between the tyres and the wheel arches stock imo. They look like monster trucks from the factory :) Ok not that bad.

Rally Spec!! :)

Haha! mine is currently missing side skirts so it sits even higher now lol :angry:

Had them stolen some time ago... I'm too lazy to fix :huh:

Will be soon tho, I been saying that for some time now

p.s. I love rotaries!! best next engine note next to a boxster engine.. CHOICE MAN!! CHOICE! kudos for owning some awesomeness

Cheers man, I've loved rotaries since I was young.

I've built a few of them now and I have had some really quick examples.

I currently have the FD Rx7 as my weekender with quite a bit of engine work, It's amazing for hitting up the mountains and looking for bikes to race :)