Towbar Camry VS Aurion

Trex007

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help me this. Can I install the Aurion towbar to my Camry? Is the mounting bracket similar?

I am talking about the genuine one and my Camry is 09. Thanks.

Short answer is No lol. The brackets are different and of course if you were to tow more than the 1200kg braked capacity of Camry you would be doing so at the cost of your insurance among other things. :)

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help me this. Can I install the Aurion towbar to my Camry? Is the mounting bracket similar?

I am talking about the genuine one and my Camry is 09. Thanks.

Short answer is No lol. The brackets are different and of course if you were to tow more than the 1200kg braked capacity of Camry you would be doing so at the cost of your insurance among other things. :)

I only plan to tow upto 1200kg anyway but what you said was that I cannot install the aurion towbar with the camry, right? Sad..

dry.gif If you want to tow that weight, get a 4x4. It is not advisable to tow with front wheel drives regardless, but anywhere near 1200kg is just asking for trouble.

Just for my knowledge though, what would you think the maximum tow weight of the Camry would be..

Cheers,

Camry can legally tow 1200kg but yeah not sure how keen i would be to tow much more than a box trailer or small boat with a FWD