Cory's Facelift ZRE152

corza

ARC - Might put the lights out on the rear badges. I Love that it's reversible. Found a seller in Brizzy.

Osram Diadem's on the way :D

Edited by corza

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paint in behind the badge white make the black badge stand out more B)

I might give it a go.

hah thanks for the suggestion Huey but $70 for a sticker is a bit much. Also I think that is for the rear (different sizes from memory)

Nice work Corey, are you clear coating these badges. Also did you just buy new double sided tape and stick to badge and finally where do you buy this Plastidip from?

Nice work Corey, are you clear coating these badges. Also did you just buy new double sided tape and stick to badge and finally where do you buy this Plastidip from?

Not going to clear coat, if it starts to peel or chip I can just peel it off and do another spray (although from research its pretty durable stuff!) Don't have to take the badge off at all. Just mask and spray, then peel the unwanted plastidip off the car's paintwork (sounds scary but trust me its 100% safe). Got it from a place in Bowen Hills called Prime Electronics. Plastidip Distributors - QLD

Nice work! :D Team PlastiDip!

Is there anything the stuff cant do? :blink:

Doin those other rear badges too?

This stuff is unbelievable! I just wish it wasn't $30 a can. Undecided on the other rear badges dutchie. I will either spray them black or remove them completely. Thanks heaps for getting me onto this wonderful stuff!

Edited by corza

Not going to clear coat, if it starts to peel or chip I can just peel it off and do another spray (although from research its pretty durable stuff!) Don't have to take the badge off at all. Just mask and spray, then peel the unwanted plastidip off the car's paintwork (sounds scary but trust me its 100% safe). Got it from a place in Bowen Hills called Prime Electronics. Plastidip Distributors - QLD

So did you sand the badge or anything might have to go get some of this tomorrow. Also when you peeled off the unwanted inside the badge did it lift off the badge when removing it from paint work? sorry for all questions as you said "sounds scary" might take me few more times to read and process :lol:

So did you sand the badge or anything might have to go get some of this tomorrow. Also when you peeled off the unwanted inside the badge did it lift off the badge when removing it from paint work? sorry for all questions as you said "sounds scary" might take me few more times to read and process :lol:

No sanding. Just clean he badge, mask and spray. It's really that simple. Didn't lift off the badge, when you peel just peel away from the badge and it will come away where the badge meets the double sided tape. Easy as pie!

Love it mate! Looks like it's coming along nicely! Keep it up! :)

P.s. White and black ftw! :P

Needs more black parts! haha

• 2 weeks later...