Touch up paint!

Hey all,

Just had a minor parking incident, (wet boots slipped and touched the accelerator instead of the break)

So i've scraped the corner of the front bumper.

So where's the best bet to get touch up paint for my metallic crimson?

While on the topic of touch up paint, anyone find that the supplied touch up paint is garbage?

And you are probably better off leaving any minor paint chips or scratches if it wasnt for the likely development of body rust. And my rolla is white so colour isnt the issue, just makes paint blemishes stick out like dogs balls, unless you are handy with the old cut and polish...

I hit my dealer up for touch up paint when I picked up my car.

Everyone I know who owns a Toyota has had a tin supplied upon purchase.

It was no surprise to me that my Sportivo didnt have a tin, thats just my luck.

I asked the dealer and he tried to tell me that facelifted models dont come with it. So he ordered me a tin but it wasnt even the right colour code so I just handed it straight back.

I have spoken to spare parts at another dealership and they supported what some of you guys have mentioned here.

Even if the correct code is obtained, the match is horrible. They quoted me $6 for a tin if I really wanted to give it a go but I decided I might just get a good spray painter to mix me a tin. Spare parts guys agreed.

Perhaps this could be arranged as a group buy to make it more worthwhile for the painters.

I'm 040 (super white)

I didn't get a tin i got 2 small bottles like nail polish ones with the brush. Mine is a perfect match and I've touched up a couple of chips and had no problem. Heat up the paint first by running it under hot water and shaking the bottle/tin to mix it up.

One bottle has the colout and one has clear.

People!

My car's 2002 model, first batch of 'rolas in this shape to arrive on these shores. So over the years the tin has disappeared.

Anyhow, its 15 bucks from some place in Dandenong to mix up some for me. Anywhere else that's cheaper?

People!

My car's 2002 model, first batch of 'rolas in this shape to arrive on these shores. So over the years the tin has disappeared.

Anyhow, its 15 bucks from some place in Dandenong to mix up some for me. Anywhere else that's cheaper?

Just clarifying, seeing as this shape Corolla went on sale in December 01, wouldn't the first batch have arrived November/December 01? :blink:

People!

The tins haven't dissapeared as mine is a late 2004 model with a tin. It should come standard with every new Toyota purchased. If not, your dealer is being tight and keeping them in parts & service for resale.

People!

Just clarifying, seeing as this shape Corolla went on sale in December 01, wouldn't the first batch have arrived November/December 01? :blink:

hmm... thats what the guy who sold it to me told me... Mine's Feb '02...

People!

$15 isn't too bad, it would be nice if they throw in some clear for that price!

I think i'll just get mine mixed by a spray painter too.