My St185 So far

WRX_eater

Good Job! Sounds great and looks good too.. look out WRX's. :spiteful:

Haha yer they wont know what hit beat them :toast:

a few more lil bits and pieces to go.. Then I will start building an inventory of items to replace (turbo, rods, pistons etc) :spiteful:

I hate NSW.. we cant have BOV's.. the police state it is..

technically the ST215 came with one altho its not called a BOV still does the same thing just not vented to atmosphere. I want to get the Deceptor from GFB turn it up or down

Those are the recirculating types youre talking about, cant remember the technical term.. anyway the ones you always hear on WRX's going off are illegal for sure. Ive had enough cop harrassment in my driving life, so I'll pass. There isnt much room in the gt4 engine bay to hide much sadly, that already crossed my mind. :D

The thing they get you on if you do have a BOV is "noise pollution" same as pod filters, exhausts and sound systems. And I think the term they are called in toyota parts is Bypass recirculation valve, which when the pressure is taken off the accelerator the air is recirculated back to infront of the turbo... from what i understand from the diagrams, and a BOV does the same thing but with the capability of venting to atmosphere... thats why i like the GFB's BOVs

Bypass valve is the one. The reason they get you is not actually noise pollution. It is actually a breach of emissions controls. Vent to atmosphere blow-off valves vent oil vavour to the atmosphere, whilst by-pass or plumb-back blow-off valve recirculate the oil vapours back into the intake manifold for them to be burnt off through combustion.