Yet Another Question - Varex Style.

Howdy all,

just a quicky probably getting next thursday at castle hill exhaust a varex catback system installed.

any reccomendations or photos wondering if i should get the dual's or single tip not a fan or the fart cannon lol and sound videos?

or if you hate them and reccomend otherwise give me a yell :)

thanks all.

VMK 2.5 cliff? and i don't have the rear bar but any more pics to prove to me i should :P looks so nice but im about 70% for the twin.

is it to loud for daily driving or sounds farty?

Not too loud for daily, I pretty much have it open most of the time except highway driving and when i feel like going under the radar!

The level of fartyness is dependent on your catback, more resonators, less fart.

well its a catback system so all i will have is a hotdog resonator.. lol will it be farty as all hell?

and fair call i have heard its back to have it closed for periods of time .. drains engine power. Also clifton while your helping my make up my mind BIG time, what is the gains like?

well its a catback system so all i will have is a hotdog resonator.. lol will it be farty as all hell?

and fair call i have heard its back to have it closed for periods of time .. drains engine power. Also clifton while your helping my make up my mind BIG time, what is the gains like?

The sound should be fine (by fine I mean it should sound pretty deep like my note) but from the other thread that RNN4MK started it seems like the best sound is from 2 resonators, hes been changing his setup in search of the best note.

Gains wise if you're going from stock 2.25" to 2.5" you will feel it pull harder at the top end.

look at the "buzzing sound" thread I made at the end I threw in 2 resis n it fixed the farting noise. the resis don't have to be huge. resonators r for muffling the sound abit.

this creates abit of back pressure to stop the farty noise. I had no resonator and it farted like ur typical Honda with an exhaust too big for its engine.

remember its really one or the other. u want noise but without having too big a resonator but also not too little as so u r actually loosing power.

fart noise = loss of power. too much back pressure = loss of power.

2.5" piping mandrel bent with the right amount of resonator = Max power possible at top end.

hope this helps

:) should i get 2 and 1/2 piping and then a 2.5 varex? and do you loose torque ?

<3 Ken

down low yes. but pulls harder in the top end. u will loose the kick in transition into lift as well.

• 5 months later...

smile.gif should i get 2 and 1/2 piping and then a 2.5 varex? and do you loose torque ?

<3 Ken

down low yes. but pulls harder in the top end. u will loose the kick in transition into lift as well.

So you are saying there will be an increase in power from say around 4000rpm to 6000rpm to remove the power kick from going into lift?

it will increase throughout the whole band from mid range so the transition into lift would be much smoother. it will feel like you loose power because there is no "kick". dyno would proove the gains though.